Trying to upload a picture of my setup

sseymour

I still love MY KG4s, too.

Hey, where'd you get the tan/blue/red liquid-cooled subwoofer? Very cool Smile.gif

And talk about realistic - looks like a spacesuit boot shot out of the screen onto the floor in front of the TV!

I can tell you're on the way -- the addiction begins.

How do you like the RC-3 with the KG4s? I used a KV-3 with them, but was curious about the newer stuff matching them?

Doug

------------------

My System

quote:

Originally posted by sseymour:

It's still very young but here it is....I hope.

-Scott

click upload your files

step1&3.jpg

window pops up...

step2.jpg

hit browse and uploud the files you want to upload (up to 200kb

hit upload now

delete what was put in the Attachment: field under your password.

click View/Delete files (as in the first picture i posted), hit view

step4.jpg

and then copy the address of the picture you just uploaded.

then click the button that is under the font size, next to the sound picture

step5.jpg

paste the address you copied of teh picture you just uploaded and your done posting the pic, well after you hit OK.

Does this help?

P.S.... if you do not want to hit that button, which puts the pics at the bottom of the screen you can type (img)www.mypicture.com/picture1.jpeg(/img) however, put your picture address and replace () with [].

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

justin,

thanks for attempting to explain the photo posting procedure. As clear as it was it still did not work for me. There are details which come up that your instructions do not address. I wrote your instructions down and tried following them literally step by step and they did not totally jive with what was presented. I am still confused by the procedure and unable to do it.

You stated: "delete what was put in the attachment:field under your password."

this did not correspond to anything comprehensible in the actual procedure, and proved to be meaningless.

Specifically, here is where your directions broke down for me:

"delete what was put in the Attachment: field under your password.

click View/Delete files (as in the first picture i posted), hit view "

There was nothing under my password. And this was after it stated that I had successfully uploaded the picture.

On second reading, I am incorrect, there was a number designated in that field, but when I did with it what I thought you said to do with it, it did not achieve the desired result. I copied it, and pasted it where it asked for an address starting "http// etc." You did not say whether to delete the :"http// or not.

Anyway it did not work, and I exhausted every conceiveable interpretation of your attempt at explaining the procedure, all to no avail.

----------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-22-2002 at 03:51 AM

UPLOAD SUCCESSFUL.

THEN YOU HIT "CONTINUE"

then instructions break down.

YOU DO NOT SAY WHERE TO PASTE THE ADDRESS OF THE PICTURE, NOR DO YOU EXPLAIN WHAT it is AND WHERE YOU OBTAIN THIS ADDRESS.

1016782888.txt

OK , I PASTED IT RIGHT HERE. IS THAT THE ADDRESS? THAT IS WHAT IT SAID IT WAS CALLING MY ATTACHMENT.

please assume I am an idiot who knows nothing, and explain it from that point of view. thanks

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

The post just above this was the best I could do following those directions.

Maybe I misunderstood, maybe those directions were not for getting the photo to appear in the field of the post instead of in an icon off to the side. Now what is that funny red icon, haven't seen that before?

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

IT WON'T EVEN LET ME SUBMIT THIS POST.

1016783626.txt

"You did not complete all required form fields! Please go back and re-enter. "

Another try

leading to:

"Invalid Attachment... clear the attachment field or try uploading your files again. Use your Back button. "

I AM STARTING TO RUN OUT OF POSSIBLE WAYS TO INTERPRET THE AMBIGUOUS DIRECTIONS.

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

YOU DO NOT SAY WHETHER TO CHECK THE BOXES OF THE FILES YOU WISH TO "DELETE" WHATEVER DELETE MEANS IN THIS CONTEXT. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BE DELETING?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "HIT VIEW"? THERE IS NOTHING CALLED VIEW ONLY "VIEW/DELETE".

COPY WHERE?

paste the address you copied of teh picture you just uploaded and your done posting the pic, well after you hit OK.

PASTE WHERE?

I NEVER SAW ANYTHING LIKE THIS, NEVER FOUND THE "OK" BUTTON

been looking for it my whole life.

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

"click here to continue..."

NO MENTION OF THE CHOICE BETWEEN

"click here to continue..."

OR SIMPLY CLOSING THE WINDOW.

What are those directions for?

Can someone explain how you post a photograph so that it appears in the body of the post?

Also can someone explain why this is set up to be so obscure and unintuitive.

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-22-2002 at 03:25 AM

Does this help?

++++++ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT!+++++++++++++

P.S.... if you do not want to hit that button, which puts the pics at the bottom of the screen you can type (img)www.mypicture.com/picture1.jpeg(/img) however, put your picture address and replace () with [].

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

blahblah...testing

Of course, this whole thing was supposed to be under "remember her?"

HornEd? fini? anyone else remember her?

PS. how does one get the photo to appear in the message?

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 03-22-2002 at 03:56 AM

C&S-

Try this-

Go back to the "Remember her?" thread and scroll down to any one of the posts that has a picture displayed in the post (go to the one with Cyd Charise in the red dress, my favorite). At the bottom frame of that post you will see the *edit* button, click it. What comes up will be the text of the post along with the

UBB code format for inserting a picture. Take a look at it, examine it. The "http:/...." address for the picture must be resident in a server somewhere, Klipsch provides the server. You load it onto the LLC server when you upload. After uploading you can view it, when you view it you will see the address. You can cut and paste the address into the post using the "Insert Picture" button.

Also, stay away from using a personal account server or web page to load your images from (like Justin does), you will get hacked. Use the LLC server. Every post has the edit feature and it displays server information, address, parent directory, etc. used by that member.

This message has been edited by John Warren on 03-22-2002 at 06:42 AM

No longer "Flipped & Forlorn" is it C&S... empowered again! Of course, John's instructions are correct. All you have to do is highlight the photo you successfully entered and copy the address. For example, the address of your above post is: http://216.37.9.58/ubb/uploads/Clipped+and+Shorn/Picture1.jpg

Now just type... ...and paste or type the photo address, then type... and the photo will appear in the body of the message like this:

Picture1.jpg

... and, VOILA, we Forum fumblers can expect an elevation in our artsy visual joys in future C&S posts!

-HornEd

PS: Once you have uploaded the photo and have it resident in the Klipsch Server as one of your six current picture allotment, all you need do in subsequent posts is refer to the photo (by inserting in the body of text in a new post) the cyber jibberesh that leads to your C&S parking place on the server... http://216.37.9.58/ubb/uploads/Clipped+and+Shorn/ ...then add the name of the new picture as you have stored it, such as... Picture2.jpg ...then add the necessary close... ...and you have mastered yet another skill!

In terms of size and clarity of photos, I have found that the "Save For Web..." option in PhotoShop does the best job for posting photos considering the 200k limitation by the Klipsch server. It will easily pack a 1000k photo into a sub 200k jpg file. Here's an example of what I mean...

wKlipschHappyMom.jpg

If any of what I have just written is beneath you, please consider the good intentions of the source.cwm5.gif =HornEd

the reason i say to delete the attachment field is because if you also post the full picture using the code, you will have an icon still that just leads to that same picture, i like to keep it clean. Smile.gif

Picture1.jpg

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>