Quintets-what klipsch center chanel to use whith them?

arfz28

What klipsch center chanel would go good with a set of quintets? sc.5 or sc1 maby.Im on a budget, mayby would even buy a used one or an older klipsch model, if somone on this board has one for sale.I am a newcomer to this forum and really enjoy it. edsteer, horned, the ear, you guys are great. Thanks a lot you fellow klipsch owners and board members.

I have a dahlquist pdq800 sub. It is an 8 inch powered sub with a 100 watt amp. I have a sherwood rvd-6095 dolby digital dts reciever 65watts per channel. Im using a radio shack center chanel now and want to upgrade. Thanks for your reply.

Hey arf,

I used six quintet sats in a 6.1 setup and found it to work just fine. Now, I have never owned a quintet center to be able to compare the sat to center sound, but for a starter with a budget a sat would probably be the best way to go. At least it worked for me.

------------------

Denon 3802

RC-3 center

RF-3 mains

RS-3 rear & surrounds(4)

Panasonic DVD-RV26

Denon DCM3700 CD changer

Fisher 27" TV

Klipsch Quintets (6)

This message has been edited by MattG on 03-25-2002 at 03:22 AM

Thanks Matt for your input. The way my entertainment center is built a quintet is to tall to fit into the spot above the tv. After measuring the opening where the center channel is going, I can only fit a klipsch sc.5 any other will be to big. The radio shack is alright but I think the klipsch sc.5 might and should be a lot better. Maby sombody on this board is using a sc.5 with the quintets and can give me some input on how it matches up. I am using 4 quintets, 2 in front and 2 for my surounds in back.The sc.5 is going for about 100 bucks on ebay. Maby sombody on this board might have a used one if the are upgrading to a better klipsch model.