RW-12d Blown Fuse & No Pwr!

fasterhoads

Hello All,

New to the forum here and need some help. I have a RW-12d and plugged it in the other night after we moved and no power. I have had the sub for about 3 years and never have had any issues with it until now. I replaced the fuse with a Radio Shack 3.15 slow blow fuse and went through 2 of them immediately. Not sure what has taken place, but I have not seen any physical signs of damage anywhere on the sub.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like an issue with the amp itself. You might call Klipsch parts and find out how much a replacement amp would cost.

Yes this is what it sounds like, if you look through this thread you
will find a couple of other posts on this subject. I believe you can
remove the amp and send it to Klipsch for a rebuilt amp exchange, I
think the last price I saw for this with the RW-12d was around $60 for
the exchange if the sub is out of warranty.

thats uslaly bad mosfettts ok or restoir in it on r5 is bad cant relly get this part mosfets on ebay u can 12 eash but your not sure yet if its that blown fuse is sighn of bad restroir u have to call klipshe direct cost 120 bucks flat rate u ship old amp in box unplug it form woofer and lcd screen ship to them in less then 1 week or 2 they send u new referb back install back in good to go do u see that r5 nextto power on new bord yellow round restor pushe dup against that yellow block bend it awya form yellow blowck stupid they do that like they wnatitto fail in 3 yrs on u must move away that yellow restorie or blue round u know bend it away form yellow power block thingy u see ittouchin it on bad bord proably see litte burn dark spot were ittoushces againts yellow block that restooior ha sto be moved awsay or fails getts to hot so look for that on new bord ben d it away form yellow block blue round resitor k

also dont go past -8 vol as a max mines -14 thats half way for us k dont wnan go over half on any sub just over poweres it when louder wont sound as nice -14 perfect blend on vol set hertz to 70 low pass set hi pas sto 100 on sterio set eq to depth phase 0 start it will rock u deep 24hertz

but ya 120 bucks flat rate to ship back not 60

So last night I removed the amp from the cabinet and put a new fuse in and turned it on.........Wow! Got some sparks[:@], so I am looking into the replacement part. I found a company online called http://www.partstore.com/Model/Klipsch+Audio+Technologies/Klipsch/RW12D.aspx and they carry a amp for the RW 12-d for $206 + tx. I need to check the part number to make sure it is the right one, and if so I might go that way.

definitely dont put in anything but a klipsch replacement amp. It won't cost you more than $200, which is cheaper than buying any sub of comparable performance. you'll have the peace of mind knowing your sub is as it should be and no risk of future issues from incompatible non-oem solutions.