quintet and synergy music

wata

I have my Denon 2802 hooked up to my computer.What I was looking for is a system strong on music so I can play mp3s and cds in stereo or Pro Logic II.Are either the Quintet or Synergy systems good on music.Are there better choices.

Thanks

All depends on your budget. Given that the Quintets and the Synergy System 6 are fairly close in price, I'd go for the System 6 in a heartbeat. Will be much stronger in music than the Quintets. If you've got more cash, of course, move up the Synergy line and it will be even better.

Doug

------------------

My System

Yeah budget is limited.Would the Quintets with a KSW12 versus the Synergy System 6 KSW10 make a difference.Would you still go with the Synergy.The price would be about the same in my price range.

Thanks again

This message has been edited by wata on 03-22-2002 at 12:02 PM

Let me say it another way -- don't get Quintets if you plan to listen to music on them. They are great little HT speakers, but they don't have the range you need for music listening, unless it is just low volume background music like at the dentist's office Smile.gif

I'd take the Synergy System 6 with a 10" sub over the Quintets with a 12" sub (for music and HT combo) any day.

Doug

------------------

My System

seems peeps don't like the quintets that much Smile.gif I've been running them with my KSC-C1 center and SVS sub. Work great at low volumes, but when you *really* pump 'em up, I will agree that I would like them to perform better....

But after spending ~1k I think I'll just sit with what I have and be happy....there's always gonna be somethin' better out there.

Au contraire! I have a set of Quintets for HT & mostly FM use in my bedroom, and I do like them. But as you stated they "Work great at low volumes, but when you *really* pump 'em up, I will agree that I would like them to perform better....". I have experienced the same. Since he stated he wanted a system STRONG on music, the Synergy System 6 gets the nod.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>