Exciting find

mklepper

I am new here. I purchased a pair of raw birch LaScalas at the age of 17 in 1979. I unfortunately sold them because they were too big (I divorced her) in 1990. I found a nice looking set of Klipschorns in my city with the top horn section missing. They are supposedly NIB and the where abouts of the horn section is unknown. Can one purchase just the top section? Can someone on this board build it? I didnt realize that the top even came off. The only Klipsch experiences I ever had were my LaScalas and Heresys. You should have seen my dorm roommates eyes when we brought them in!!!! I was given the nickname "Klipschorn". Thanks and it feels good to be here!!

I am new here. I purchased a pair of raw birch LaScalas at the age of 17 in 1979. I unfortunately sold them because they were too big (I divorced her) in 1990. I found a nice looking set of Klipschorns in my city with the top horn section missing. They are supposedly NIB and the where abouts of the horn section is unknown. Can one purchase just the top section? Can someone on this board build it? I didnt realize that the top even came off. The only Klipsch experiences I ever had were my LaScalas and Heresys. You should have seen my dorm roommates eyes when we brought them in!!!! I was given the nickname "Klipschorn". Thanks and it feels good to be here!!

I would cal Klipsch to see if they can help you. If not your top hat options are many. I would see if Klipsch can help you first.

Good luck and congrats.

Welcome to the nuthouse! As seti already mentioned the options are many. If you can pick up the bottoms for a good price, you can make or have made a nice top for a reasonable price. (reasonable being rather arbitrary...)

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you can get them at a reasonable price the top seems to be the easy part of the speaker build. Plus you have the opportunity to load it with whatever components you like. I'm assuming there is just a bass bin so youll have to source the crossovers too. Good luck.