Trim clean up

kg4guy

DON"T SAND

that is anodized aluminum and you'll be creating a larger 'soft spot' by trying to sand out imperfections.

I've got threads that show how to use lacquer thinner to clean paint and duct tape residue off the trim if that's what you're doing

Michael

I got this to match the other black single that I have so I may take off the trim as it is pretty scratched up also I am going to use K-33's as I have 4 or 5 of them and only one K-43. All I need is a single K-400 horn to match the one in the commercial or I will get a pair of K-401's from Klipsch and sell the single K-400.I posted a thread in the Garage sale wanting to trade the minty K-43 for a pair of K-401 horns maybe that isn't a good deal for someone but I thought the K-43 was a more expensive version of the K-33?

I unscrewed one corner and they didn't come off easy so I wasn't going to force it also it looks to be a big job to turn the other into a commercial so I will keep my eye out for another one that way I will have a pair of KP-250's and the Cerwin JE 36C sub for small gigs and the LSI for larger gigs.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this to match the other black single that I have so I may take off the trim as it is pretty scratched up also I am going to use K-33's as I have 4 or 5 of them and only one K-43. All I need is a single K-400 horn to match the one in the commercial or I will get a pair of K-401's from Klipsch and sell the single K-400.I posted a thread in the Garage sale wanting to trade the minty K-43 for a pair of K-401 horns maybe that isn't a good deal for someone but I thought the K-43 was a more expensive version of the K-33?

I have a K401 spare if you need one. It's just laying around. Make me an offer.

claudej1@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...

They came out nice but the Klipsch logo looks good in the photo but its looks bad so I purchased two of the black and gold logos and will paint it over and put the metal ones on.I am going to build some 1" thick bins and paint them black.Any suggestions on paint ? How about the paint they use for truck bed liners?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - anything but that junk. I don't know where people get the idea that rubberized speakers would be a good thing. They feel nasty to pickup, catch dirt, are unwashable.

Oil based (or lacquer) is a MUST - latex just won't hold up. RustOleum satin black in a can works well for me.

I have some of the Heritage-sized logo badges in silver with black writing that would look cool, Klipsch used them on pro gear.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - anything but that junk. I don't know where people get the idea that rubberized speakers would be a good thing. They feel nasty to pickup, catch dirt, are unwashable.

Oil based (or lacquer) is a MUST - latex just won't hold up. RustOleum satin black in a can works well for me.

I have some of the Heritage-sized logo badges in silver with black writing that would look cool, Klipsch used them on pro gear.

Cool thanks Mike let me know what you need and I will Pay Pal you the money with my shipping address.

Can you post some more detailed photos of the transformation?

I'd like to use this thread for Trim discussions. Recently two Forum members have approached me about looking into either milling or casting some of the LSI/HIP/MCM type corners.

Here's a LINK to another thread where I disscuss cleaning black paint off of the aluminum trim.

other links

other links

TCC- here's a photo I stumbled across about the MTM piezo tweeter packs. There is also an MMTM, which consists of four K77 motors attached to two horns via a manifold (like on your TSCMs) I've never seen the MMTM with trim, and own a set of the MTM with trim. Note that it is not angle pieces, just flat trim screwed to the front edges.

post-10755-13819585341556_thumb.jpg