RF-5 availability question...

refused

I put in an online order for a pair of RF-5s about 2 weeks ago. The website showed the speakers as "In Stock" but when in my cart read as "Limited Availability".

Clicking on the "Limited Availability" link gave a description that the item is in stock but limited quantities are available (yes I know, pretty obvious ;p).

My CC got charged so I assumed the item shipped but I never received an e-mail for a tracking number, so I e-mailed customer support and they informed me that the RF-5s are backordered and will ship around the end of May.

Kinda bummed since I was hoping to pick up the speakers earlier. The website still shows these speakers in stock -- it does however show the RF-7s out of stock.

Anyone else order the RF-5s recently? Or anyone at Klipsch have any more details? Thanks in advance!

Mike

You guys are making me anxious! I want to try out these so bad.

Thanks for telling me about Amy -- she got back to me right away yesterday. Basically the finish I ordered (Dark Cherry) is backordered while they have stock of the Black. I really like the the look of the Dark Cherry so I think I'm just going to wait it out. Still waiting on Amy to confirm that it would be end of May for that finish.

has the luster of Heritage speakers worn off already?

I wouldn't go that far, but, as I've stated before, I like the overall sound of the RF-5 as opposed to the H3. In all fairness to the H3 however, we're comparing the cheapest Heritage speaker to the second from the top Reference speaker.

going to cozumel for a dive trip in a week and getting my advanced open water cert at the same time. if for some reason something goes wrong at 120ft, i hereby grant full ownership of my RF-5's back to carl. :P

[:D]

You HONESTLY think that they'll still be at your house when you get back from Mexico?????[6]

going to cozumel for a dive trip in a week and getting my advanced open water cert at the same time. if for some reason something goes wrong at 120ft, i hereby grant full ownership of my RF-5's back to carl. :P

Big Smile

You HONESTLY think that they'll still be at your house when you get back from Mexico?????Devil

haha ..they better be!