RW-10D rattle

dpratt34

I recently purchased the hardware in my signature. It sounds great, with one exception. The RW-10D makes an annoying rattle noise during LFE-intense movie soundtracks, such as The Dark Knight. Klipsch tech support recommended that I remove the woofer from the cabinet to get a better idea of where the noise is originating. I did just that, and it was obvious that the woofer itself is making the noise, rather than something in the cabinet. It sounds like it is slapping, or bottoming out, is about the best way I can describe it.

At this point, I'm assuming it needs repair. Movies like the one mentioned above are not watchable unless I lower the bass drastically.

Anyone experience something similar that can share their experience?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi u try to lock down all screws t torx driver take back board off cheak out wires and cable that goe sto digital control come away from its tape

get gorilla take retape wires against wood bettter so it dont slap aorund on mass air flow then tighten all down tight ever screw torx driver set harbor fright 5 bucks k

If that were the case, I would be very disappointed in both Klipsch and the dealer. The RW-10D is brand new, and is what Klipsch matches to my front speakers (RF-52). Listening level has nothing to do with it, the woofer rattles even at lower volumes, just not as loudly.

The dealer told me to bring it in for an exchange, so I'll do that this afternoon.

If that were the case, I would be very disappointed in both Klipsch and the dealer. The RW-10D is brand new, and is what Klipsch matches to my front speakers (RF-52). Listening level has nothing to do with it, the woofer rattles even at lower volumes, just not as loudly. The dealer told me to bring it in for an exchange, so I'll do that this afternoon.

You originally stated that it had the problem during "LFE intensive" movies. If it does it at low volumes you may have a bad driver. Hopefully the new sub will be a better unit for you.

I set it up, ran Audyssey, and gave it a listen. The new subwoofer did the trick! Must have been a bad driver, as suggested by CECA. Thanks for chiming in, guys.

DJNICK - I'd love to answer your question (at least I think it is a question), but I don't understand what you typed.

ABT in Glenview, IL had a quick and seamless exchange process. I'm very impressed.

I set it up, ran Audyssey, and gave it a listen. The new subwoofer did the trick! Must have been a bad driver, as suggested by CECA. Thanks for chiming in, guys.

DJNICK - I'd love to answer your question (at least I think it is a question), but I don't understand what you typed.

ABT in Glenview, IL had a quick and seamless exchange process. I'm very impressed.

ABT is a nice place to spend your money, i have not been there in some time but remember they stock some decent stuff.

prpbl;ay why its blowing man u need biggger sub u cant run it p[ast half way the way u do it so i bet u blew out that old sub lucky for u under warenty

dont m,atter if u offset it with auduccey control that dont even work that well take vol down to -12 max man thats half way is -14 ok

you runing that amp hard 0 is 85% up way over half way man no good ya it fart out hi levels all day yuor overdoin it

it break again if u contuie to use at 0 this is user errror not speaker fult over jamming it u know but 12 inch model or rsw luine more power

or else u will ruin it again at 0 level l thast way over half way on amp your asking for it man trust me what boss did to hers -3 she blew her amp

buddie has one he runs his at -13 were shuld be nice in tight punchy i own rw12d biggger yet i run mine hafl way at -14 on vol whats half way up bro think about it -40 is off to +10 as max so whats half way is -14 ok i any sub for home u dont run amp mor ethen half over doing bass were shoulnt be anyways man so bring amp down or buy bigger amp it do it again then u ruin it trying help ya from doing it agian over p[ower sub on what it can cant handle use ears 10 cant take super amount of bass simple as that only 250 watts k so hope u understand

all your doing is senind a weak signal to sub from sterio at -12 missing half shit dont do that set sterio a 0 set dam sub at -14 ok way shold be reaosn sterio picking up -12 is cuse vol on sub all way up man to 0 way over half way sub cant handle that it wil fail again afte ru hit big low note all loud turn it down were should or buy bigger sub cant overdrive it way u are

Any less volume and there isn't enough bass. Setting the volume at 0 dB is not user error. Klipsch agreed that the way it was set wasn't the problem, which is why they said return it. If the replacement was going to produce the same rattle, I would have heard it already. It was instantaneous on the first one.

Any less volume and there isn't enough bass. Setting the volume at 0 dB is not user error. Klipsch agreed that the way it was set wasn't the problem, which is why they said return it. If the replacement was going to produce the same rattle, I would have heard it already. It was instantaneous on the first one.

Your settings are fine. Raising the output on the receiver while lowering it on the sub amp is the same thing as lowering the output of the receiver and raising the gain on the sub amp. Both settings will push the sub amp the same. If you end up with the same problem with the new sub, we'll revisit the issue, otherwise, you should be fine.