netflix "copyright violation"

Hi all

"copyright violation" Has any one seen this before on netflix rented blu ray movies? My Panasonic player has all the firmware updates. but i see this message on 3 out 5 discs. And if so whats is causing this to happen? BTW My player is a BD 35k.

Thanks all

I know sometimes component video creates a problem if you try and run 1080p through it, something due to copy protection encoded on discs. If you're using HDMI I'm not sure why that would be happening.

The problem is the discs are being released with features the players have not caught up with. Some will play them some wont. Manufacturers know of the problem but their updates are often behind the last disc released. I know this from discussions with the issuers and the tech support of the players. Bottom line is we are all bozos on this bus.

The problem is the discs are being released with features the players have not caught up with. Some will play them some wont. Manufacturers know of the problem but their updates are often behind the last disc released. I know this from discussions with the issuers and the tech support of the players. Bottom line is we are all bozos on this bus.

Case in point - the new Avatar Blu-Ray. Apparently, there were numerous reports of this disk not playing even on brand-new players with the latest firmware updates, due to "copyright".

Just more proof that DRM sucks royally. Folks trying to do the right thing and buying the movie or using one of the legitimate services, such as Netflix, and this is how they are rewarded? No wonder piracy is so rampant.