Which speaker to buy?

jovin619

Hello i am new to this community and i have a question to all of you audio pros out there. I have the cf3 and im about to buy another speakers to go with it in sorround back. As of right now im using a polk monitor 70 which im about to replace it with two options. one is the klipsch tangent 500 or second the klipsch klf 10. i heard good reviews on this speakers but which speaker that would match with my cf3, what i mean by match is sound first then looks second. Plus both speakers are selling 200 for the each pair.

thanks,

joe

I have the Monitor 70's as my sides/rears and would not consider replacing them with KLF-10's. KLF-20's for sure - but not 10's.

After looking at both the KLF-10's and Tangent 500's - I would choose the 10's over the 500's but neither over the Monitor 70's you already have. The CF3's have great specs. I trust those are your mains. What about the Monitor 70's as side/surrounds are you trying to improve upon? My opinion is that neither the 10's nor 500's will improve noticibly over what you already have. Your CF3's are front firing bass ports as are the Monitors. Just not sure what you are wanting and not sure that either the KLF-10's nor Tanget 500's will give it to you. I would put the $200 towards a matching center for the CF3's and keep the Monitor's as side/surrounds.