Anyone running a Pioneer Elite Receiver on their Klipsch system? I am told they don't suck.....

Fast1

Just curious, especially if you have tested other products like Denon, etc. I am realy trying to make the decision of going to separates or if the right receiver will cover me. I MUST have a low noise floor, as well as clean preamp power for my 2ch listening all the way up to max.

I truely have not heard alot of receivers but i do think that pioneer elites are the best sounding receivers you can buy. I have an older one and the sound is amazing that i get with my reference speakers. Really you have to look at your budget, your needs and also the point of diminishing returns. To me it is a toss up but i would definantly look and see if i could find the elite receiver that would be perfect for me. Looking for something local (or that you could drive to) used, top of the line and two years old you could get an extremely power pioneer elite receiver for not a crazy amount of money. I think that the pioneers provide a certain warmer sound that will put a smile to your face. If you need rediculous power go with seperates. I might be getting a new (to me) receiver within the week so i can give you a better comparison then

I have a new Denon 90w a channel receiver and a Pioneer at around 110w channel. What can i say - i like the sound of the Pioneer better. It doesn't seem to make my speakers go as low as Denon does, but over all the sound of the pioneer is more pleasing to me.

Both make great units and it will come down to which model from each company you are looking at. Very top of the line Denon sounds different than the low end Denon. And i think they same should be true for pioneer Elite, but to a slighly lesser degree since they are already positioned as high-end.

yes, i have the pioneer elite vsx 21 txh, and originally i was looking at a Denon, but when i was comparing the two i heard a faint hissing from the Denon, i have it connected to 4 Wf-35s, a wc-24 and the xw-300d, i love the receiver even though i haven't fully explored it due to being at school, and i wouldn't dare bring my equipment down to Providence RI. that being said, the 21 is the first in the line of the elite range and it cost $700, its 110 watts per channel with 7.1 channels and it sounds grate. the only real issue that i have with this receiver is the power button on the remote, and i'm hearing that this a problem across the elite line, that the remote doesn't like to turn it on, which is quite annoying. but most cable remotes these days are universal remotes so i'm just going to link it to that for the time being. the only other thing i don't like about the receiver are the inputs for the speaker wires are quite close together, so with out banana plugs it might get a little jumbled and tangled up, but thats an easy fix.

Thanks! I think that faint hissing you heard is compounded in my 2802 coupled to a Rotel. Is there any noise in your Pioneer?

Also, which Denon were you comparing to? Makes a difference.

I am trying to discover how far back I want to shop. Looks like they only just installed HDMI on them so that is pretty new. I am also trying to determine what separates the "Elites". Is there something special? Looks like the others still have most of the same features...

I switched from a onkyo then to a older high end sony unit and finally to a pioneer elite. The pioneer was the only one without a hiss in speakers. Well maybe there is a small one but it is only audible from 1 foot away. I think you will be super happy with a pioneer elite

I am very interested to hear from someone that has run separates ona reference KLipsch system. I just read where a guy was literally depressed with the sound of the Pioneer after running a separate system. If that is the case, I would rather spend the extra cash but many people are telling me there just is not that much difference!! Hell, I don't know..

this person might have not liked it after hearing what Macintosh or Rotel had to offer but for the price the elite line compares very well against some higher end models from other companies such as Denon, i'm not saying this to bash Denon, i like their stuff but when i was making comparisons i would have had to spend a few hundred more on a Denon to get the same quality as on the Pioneer. P.S. if your looking for a receiver with in a Budget, do your self a favor and don't listen to receivers that cost twice as much as your willing to spend so your not disappointed with your purchase. you can always save up for a new toy later on down the road. i'm just about to turn 20, and i kicked my bank account below the belt to acquire my system, i'm not even going to look at other receivers for another 10 or so years, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to save for it.

I am running a Pioneer Elite 23 with KLF-20's and a KLF C-7. Love the Elite! Only draw back is millions of options so it takes some time to learn all it's functions. My neighbor was running a $1000 Denon and once he came over and listened to my new reciever he sold his and bought an Elite within a week after hearing mine. I seriously can't see you being anything but happy if you buy one. And the piano gloss black finish is just plain awesome[H]