spend my money on new or used pre/pro or receiver

i think i may have my marantz receiver sold hopefully and im trying to spec out new receivers or preamp must have new hdmi support and decoding dont need multizone

considering marantz 5003/5004 or umc possibly an onkyo 886 if i ever find one for sale or maybe an integra, anyone find any links to great prepro or receivers

i have 8 ma500 amps right now deciding on if im keeping them they sound great so i have the option of a receiver or prepro, want best bang for buck and great sound id like to stay under 1k and wont be buying for about 2-4 weeks yet but any1 with good links i welcome advice

i wish marantz had a good preamp at a reasonable price...if i dont need the amp section i think the 5004 maybe the best route as far as price but i like the 6004s clean look but at that point its nearly 1k and im starting to consider emotiva again right there and then possibly selling the monos and running with emos amps...i keep looking for used but dont really see any used of these

HT is pretty forgiving as to electronics as long as you have the right speakers Any of the stuff mentioned here will do a great job provided you have plenty of power to drive your stuff. My reference speaker system was pretty much identical to yours at one point. the pre pro /receiver with outboards is the way to go. Those top end reference speakers LOVE power and sound great doing it. I ran a Sony flagship HT amp with mine using a mixture of Carver and B&K outboards. I would have most likely bought a Marantz if i had it to do over. I have heard great things about Integra. good luck with your choice