Center Channel Help

Bohvey

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I thought "pre-outs" was it but I wanted to be sure before I spent another $600+ on something. Thanks again guys... I edited my previous post but you guys were so quick to answer them.

Anyhow, I will be buying a new receiver tonight and it's looking like the NR807 will be the one.

Thanks guys.

Okay, I thought "pre-outs" was it but I wanted to be sure before I spent another $600+ on something. Thanks again guys... I edited my previous post but you guys were so quick to answer them.

Anyhow, I will be buying a new receiver tonight and it's looking like the NR807 will be the one.

Thanks guys.

Bohvey,

A receiver, is a pre-amp with it's own built in, on board amplifiers. Most receivers are generally mass produced, so you can get more features and bang for your buck with a receiver that you are using for your pre-amp but, receivers by nature are a compromise. They have to fit all the pushy button stuff, alot of stuff that is not needed, plus a multi-chanel amplifier in the same box. When you buy seperates, the whole box is used up for the amplifier, better parts are used, more power, more headroom, better power supplies, and sometimes multiple power supplies. Going even more extreme then what we are talking about for your application, I use four 2 channel stereo amplifiers at arround 60 pounds each to power my speakers, further still, some may use seven sepperate mono-block amplifiers, one for each speaker, and some use multiple amplifiers for the individual drivers of there speakers to further enhance their speakers sound capabilities. In my oppinion, just about every receiver out there could be improved by the use of a seperate amplifier. I have a Sony receiver that was $1,600 when it was new, and it sounds terrible when you compare it's onboard amplifiers to my 4 stereo amplifiers, using the pre outputs of that receiver and all other electronics the same. I don't even use that receiver in my main system anymore as I now use a dedicated Pre-amplifier.

The best of luck to you in whatever way you descide to go, I am just trying to suggest a manor for you to expand and improve your system as time and money allow. Hope you had a great Christmas....

Roger