hi y'all!

jdm56

Thanks! ...and sure, I could live with LS2 bass. All I had to do was crank up the bass on my amp about 6-9dB and things sounded a lot better. Except for that annoying layer of grunge I get whenever I switch the tone controls into the circuit. (Dang, ain't it always somethin'?) I also tried moving the big ol' horns into the corners, but it killed the glorious imaging I got out along the wall. So, my experience with the LS2 bass deficiency may have been more of an amp deficiency on my part. That little Onkyo amp sounds really nice and open, but with a damping factor of like, 80 or something, I doubt it is the last word in bass makin'.

BTW, I called the dealer about the $2800 cornwalls and it turns out they're down to one speaker left. Sold one yesterday leaving them with one single. And they don't expect new stock for 90 days. And that would probably be back at the list price of $3750/pr. So...scratch that option, at least for the time being. But they do still have La Scala II's -at the still high price of $4600/pr. I'm afraid that might be a hard sell with the Mrs. I could tell her it's 23% off the $6000 list (She loves a discount!), but I doubt that'd be enough. Now if I could get a her a lifetime discount at Kohl's...[^o)]

• Moderators

LS's relative lack of bass!!!! Not so fast to dis the LSII's bass JDM56 (by the way welcome backSmile) I was totally amazed at the bass response of the LSII's when Mark played them for us in Hope back in '06. I'm just thinking you could live with their current bass support until you are forced to move your foundation ever so slightlySurprise LOL

Your right, and even older LaScalas had bass it's just most speakers have a little more or boomy bass than the LaScalas, and sometimes the extra bass is not really accurate to live music. What I am trying to say is if you turn up LaScalas to the volume you would hear with live music ( even un-amplified )they do have bass and it's very tight also.

Your right, and even older LaScalas had bass it's just most speakers have a little more or boomy bass than the LaScalas, and sometimes the extra bass is not really accurate to live music. What I am trying to say is if you turn up LaScalas to the volume you would hear with live music ( even un-amplified )they do have bass and it's very tight also.

I concur dtel, hopefully you'll get to also come Friday night[;)] Well that lab/demo room Mark had them in coupled with that sweet Cayin KT88 inty the LSII's had more than enough boom for me[:P] I can't imagine what a pair of Craig's VRD's would do for them but I'd be willing to wager they would walk on the Cayin[Y]

• Moderators

I wish I would have had the $ when JWC was selling his LaSala ll's with serial # 1 and 2. That was a VERY VERY good deal, I seen them in person in his room when we went to pick up the K402 horns from him, It made me sick to not be able to get them at that price, but we had already started a different speaker project.

Leaving here thursday, going way up North to Hope, it's like driving 9 hours and ending up in a town the same size as where we live.

I wish I would have had the $ when JWC was selling his LaSala ll's with serial # 1 and 2. That was a VERY VERY good deal, I seen them in person in his room when we went to pick up the K402 horns from him, It made me sick to not be able to get them at that price, but we had already started a different speaker project.

Leaving here thursday, going way up North to Hope, it's like driving 9 hours and ending up in a town the same size as where we live.

So your saying it will be just like you never left home (with acception of the 9 hour drive)[:o]

Tell me, I sure wish I had bought them but timing was off for me as well[:'(] See ya'll in Hope