The Preamp/processors money can buy?

Youngklip

I Think the Lexicon MC-12 Balanced is the best. I think cinepro DTC-10 is second. Can anyone tell me more. I care mostly on features. I know Krell is real good but i want the best surround modes and which one can do the most things.

------------------

Bose Suck..Period

LOL

Close but not true,the Lexicon MC12 balanced is among the three best A/V pre/pro control units.The best? NO

The very finest unit as of now is made by Madrigal or Mark Levinson to be more accurate.The Mark Levinson No. 40 Media Console is the pinnacle of pre/pro units.

This two chassis unit is without equal,separate audio and video units!talk about purist aproach,its THE unit I would take with monoblock Krell 650 amps if I could spend a small mountain of cash.

The other(third)best A/V pre/pro is the Krell Audio Standard control unit.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I am not talking about purist stuff Thats why i said i want the best that does the most. Krell Standard Pre/pro cant even do DTS-ES OR EX. Thats what i want not some unit that cost $6500 that does two or three things. Lexicon can do a lot of things. Funny thing about Cinepro DTC-10 looks like Lexicon's unit. Someone is a copy cat.

------------------

Bose Suck..Period

Go with the lexicon. Its about 2200 bucks more than the Krell, but it will have all the features you want, and its rs-232 port allows for software upgrades for future formats. It sounds very clean and looks good to boot.

------------------

MM

This message has been edited by Marathon Man on 03-27-2002 at 09:19 PM

The Lexicon is great. I have an MC-1.

If I may ask - Why are you getting the balanced version over the unbalanced?

I tried a balanced system in a two channel environmnet a few years back in it sucked. Sold the equipment and went back to an unbalanced system with short high quality interconnects which sound a lot more detailed and defined on my khorns.

I do use ballanced systems in professional systems where the amps and mixers are hundreds of feet apart. There it is a must in a long haul situation.

Just wondering if there have been improvments I am not aware of.

Thanks,

JM

Youngklip, Out of the three manufacturers you mentioned in the $4,000 range the only one that I have purchased from is Cinepro.Of course I have a heap of Klipsch stuff but not Aragon yet.Cinepro's DTC-10 looks good on paper.Their quality is first rate with me as far as their amps are concerned and I wanted the best for my RF-7's. Hey, I'm a Klipsch nut. The official date of availability for the processor is April 15th.I won't give them a free advertisement on this Klipsch site but the President of the company,Eric Abraham, definitely knew what he was talking about when we discussed my Klipsch Reference speakers.I bought on line but I also talked with the founder by phone without any problems. Ask for him. Good luck. BBB

The Anthem AVM20 is currently THE pre/pro to buy. Audio quality that rivals the $10K Lexicons and features to boot. The ONLY thing it doesn't do is Logic 7. It is also one of the most upgradable pre/pro's out there. You can pick up an AVM20 for approximately $2.5K. The ONLY way I would buy a Lexicon MC12 is used and for $3000 and that would be just for the snob factor.

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200