What would you do?

kuisis

I waswondering what you would do. I have a very nice two channel system, Khorns, a peach and two MC250's, and was wondering what the best way to incorporate them into a home theater. I also have two LSI's and two CP-1's that are just sitting in my basement unused. I was going to sell them, but decided against it. I am very new to the home theater game. I know I would need a good sub, but should I buy a whole new receiver or could I just buy a processor and use my Macs for amplification? If it were you what would you do?

Thanks

Tom

• Moderators

If It were me I would NOT incorporate the 2 ch into the Ht, I would leave it alone, it's a very nice and neat setup. IMO

I would, if you have the room use the other speakers for Ht, all you need is a center channel, a sub and an HT receiver. I would use the LSI's for the front L&R and the two CP-1's for the rear, get a center and sub and go 5.1. It would sound great even with an average HTR, no reason to spend a ton of money to see if you like it, if you can, build your own sub, it's not hard to do at all. Also you do not even need a center at first, use the front mains ( if there not really far apart ) as the center by setting the receiver to send the signal to the mains, some receivers call it phantom, some all you do is tell it no center is connected and it automatically does it.