THX Ultra, Heresy, Jamo D7

darkraver

Very different speakers. I would either stay with vintage or go all Ultra THX. Heresy is an excellent music speaker, but i didn't like it for home theater. It sounded a bit weak and had a lot of high freq.

If you want to mix - better get Reference and Ultras

well problem is I had the RF7 (reference). Had to sell them cause they were TOO big and got a good price for them.

That is why the KL650 caught my attention.(small, high efficiency and with, muscles, I believe)

On the other side would a decent PA speaker do the job for me ? For example a speaker like this one http://www.ad-systems.com/typo3/index.php?id=42&L=1

Do the KL650 differ a lot to a decent PA speaker ?

Heresy is an excellent music speaker, but i didn't like it for home theater. It sounded a bit weak and had a lot of high freq.

I run an all III series Heritage HT with Heresy IIIs as centre and surrounds. There is nothing, absolutely nothing lacking in the Heresy III in this application for home theatre use or for music (for mains or surrounds).

Yeah, I have Heresy Is and using my recievers EQ (for each individual speaker) I was able to get them matched pretty nicely with my KV 3 center.

The system kicks arse for HT and when you want to do music or a concert? OMG.....

The H IIIs are supposed to be better then the H Is across the board.... so if you can afford them, and room size is the limiting factor.... that is the way to go....

My .02.....

Good luck!