Paid a visit to Customsteve01 and Caroline's place in Virginia this past weekend...

picky

• Moderators

It looks like a good time, great smoker, it does not get any better than a Klose.

Mrs C and Steve, I have seen a couple of pictures of your place before but from those angles you can see how it's laid out, great looking place you two have there. Nothing like open space AND a barn !

Wish I'd known you were down there! It takes me just a little over an hour to get there. I haven't been over to Steve and Caroline's place in a while. It is pretty out that way you do get a good representation of the Virginia countryside like you often see in the old movies or TV shows.

Yeah, it was friggan hot this week - hit 103 here in Fredericksburg.

Glad you enjoyed your time and Steve and Caroline are great people.

Steve K: This weekend-thing came together so fast, that I completely forgot to consider letting you know, man. I am really sorry. It would have been great to see you.

Here's one more shot of their place looking past the west side of their barn past the three silos...

post-10177-13819599914986_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819618335402_thumb.jpg

One other group that sounded amazing on the LaScalas while they sat in Steve's front yard was Depeche Mode. I played tracks from both their 'Violator' and 'Ultra' albums. We both agreed that adding a sub would have been the crowning touch to everything we listened too, but I think most of you familiar with LaScala's know that they only go so low and lack the very low bass that speakers such as the Klipschorn carry so well. Adding the bass bins to the LaScalas does help, but there's nothing like adding the THX or Reference Series subs to the mix! - Glenn