15Hz Sub

FireWave

When your body becomes the ear versus your ear. Kinda like when you feel a rumble from something big moving, you can feel it before you can really hear it.

One good example comes to mind. there's a scene in Pearl harbor where one of the characters is walking down a corridor in a battleship (or destroyer). The camera is following him as he's walking. You can feel the engine drone from a big diesel in the couch as you watch the scene. There's not so much bass that it interferes with the dialog, it's not loud, but you get the effect of being on the boat.

I have experienced this a few times. One memorable one was in Michael Hurd's car at the pilgrimage. He was putting some serious 20 hertz output, I say 120-130 decibels. It was not loud, but when you tried to talk it sounded like you were talking into a fan where you start have a fluttering voice. It was no where near loud but you knew something was not normal.

Another experience was whena big diesel locomotive passed near me. I was waiting for a light rail (above ground mini subway) that is next to a real industrial complex that had massive diesel locamotives, I mean triple engines pull 1 to 1.5 miles of industrial product. When they start they have to gun it to get motion. Although you could not see where the locomotives were because they blocked it from view at the light rail station, you could feel the massive diesel engines turn on and spool up. It was nauseating in the least because there was a hum and your head started to rattle (really my eyes were blurring)