Trade two pair of Klipsch Forte 1 for a nice pair of La Scalas good deal or not?

If I were you, I would trade 1 pair of Fortes and maybe $200-450 depending on the exact condition of all speakers involved.

I do not own La Scalas but I know they are a great speaker.....

Fortes are a great speaker, just sound different......

OTOH if you have heard the LS and know you will not regret it, it could almost be an equal trade, I just would not do it if it were ME.

Good Luck.....

Hey Oregon Tubes, Welcome to the Klipsch Forum, we're glad you're here.

I can only speak to the La Scalas, as I've never owned Fortes. Once I bought my La Scalas, I've never thought about getting "better" speakers. Never once! I've replaced the 30+ year old original crossovers with Bob's ------> CLICK HERE and I've never once wondered if I could have better speakers. If I ever do feel the need to upgrade, I will look at the different options here on the forum and upgrade these La Scalas.

They are BIG Speakers, so you have to have room for them in the room, but if you can fit them in, I don't think you'll be sorry you got them. IMHO!

Are they all original? What year are they?

My new crossovers cost about $300 delivered. So, remember to add that to the equation. You can always buy new capacitors and replace them yourself and save a couple hundred bucks.

My vote is for the La Scalas, but I am a little biased. [<:o)]

Again, Welcome!

Dennie

I got my Forte II's first then a pair of Heresies, and pair of Forte I's then on to the Lascala's, followed by Cornwalls. I still have the Forte II's and the Lascalas, sold of the rest. If you have the room keep a pair of the fortes, trade and cash for the lascalas.

I agree with Dennie, the Lascala are wonderful speakers.

Welcome to the forum.

t

Wow, that's a tough one. I've never heard LaScalas but they're probably the only speaker that will work with my room layout that I'd ever get rid of any of my Fortes for. Personally I'd do an even swap only if the LaScalas were in excellent cosmetic condition and had refreshed networks.

I'd say yes, go for it.

What you could do first however, is see what forte's and la scalas are going for on audiogon, this forum, even ebay, to ease your mind that it's a good deal.

The variable sounds like the condition of the la scalas.

Good luck!