Klipsch Sub 12 measure

azimuth

Hello to all,

I have to buy a new subwoofer for my klipsch F3 synergy setup. A natural choiche would be the klipsch sub 12, but here in Italy the best subwoofer that money can buy under 500 euro is the velodyne cht-q 12 (deq-r for usa).Klipsch is considered cheap and boomy.

Unfortunately we dont' have here your leading ht subs svs or hsu or bic or 123av or epik. So nearly no competition...[:^)]

I'm not so convinced of all this superior margin...Yes there is no auto eq, but on extension and spl point of view I don't think they are so different.

Is there any klipsch tech people who can provide an anechoic mesurement for the klipsch 12 sub? I would like to compare to the velodyne's

Hello and welcome...hopefully someone will get you this information soon...I can tell you the Sub-12 was one of the first highly acclaimed and accepted into the mainstream subs from Klipsch and in particular, the Sub-12 I had sounded nice with my Heresys in a Home Theater environment and sounded better with music...I replaced it with a more powerful Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus which is a Hsu design but would not havefelt underpowered or under served by keeping the Sub-12...good luck,

Bill

Hello to all,

I have to buy a new subwoofer for my klipsch F3 synergy setup. A natural choiche would be the klipsch sub 12, but here in Italy the best subwoofer that money can buy under 500 euro is the velodyne cht-q 12 (deq-r for usa).Klipsch is considered cheap and boomy.

Unfortunately we dont' have here your leading ht subs svs or hsu or bic or 123av or epik. So nearly no competition...Huh?

I'm not so convinced of all this superior margin...Yes there is no auto eq, but on extension and spl point of view I don't think they are so different.

Is there any klipsch tech people who can provide an anechoic mesurement for the klipsch 12 sub? I would like to compare to the velodyne's

That Velodyne sub is a very good sub.

Not sure about the Sub 12.

good Luck.

First of all thanks to all for the answer

dgoreck

I'd like to see a real measurement with calibrated microphone without the room gain effect. It would be nice to have it to compare with other subs.

It's pretty strange that since its introduction on the market this sub has not been mesured by nobody.

There is only one review with measure that is in room so it's nearly useless