best veneer type?

what is the best and easiest veneer type to work with?

I'm looking to veneer my La Scalas and have been doing some reading on different types and application methods.

What's the best option? I haven't decided on a finish or supplier (maybe oakwoodveneer.com) any info would be greatly appreciated.

I can't really disagree with Malcom. It takes a lot of experience to work with unbacked veneers. I wouldn't try it.

In my view, the paper backed veneers are the only logical choice for first time woodworkers. Even there, I'd suggest you first experiment with a small project even if it is a few scrap pieces of MDF. Maybe you can find an old little speaker box at Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Any second project always turns out better than the first. I've pointed out the following before: The guys who grind telescope mirrors by hand have a bromide. If you want to grind a six-inch mirror, it is faster to grind a three-inch mirror first.

Joe Woodworker is a good source.

Wm McD

I think I will probably go with the iron on heat lock method, after reading and asking questions.... Thanks Dave and Marshall.

When I do get around to it, I'll look for some cheapo speakers to start with first and get some cheap veneer from home depot or menards for a test run.

I'm not sure what to really tackle first....well I do have an idea...

I want to get them performing audibly before the look nice.

On Friday I recieved Bob's CT-125 tweeters from Jeff (thanks) which sound very good, but I'm taking it easy on the (new to me) La Scala's as I think they've been ran pretty hard in there past. The next step is either replacing the k55m drivers with new ones or send them to Bob for new diaphrams because I my preferred listening levels the k55s buzz from the back of the drivers. So in order not to damage them any further I've been going back and forth between the RF7s and the LSs.

Thanks for all the help and information guys.