You think you got it hard!!

iXtreme

Try laying out your HT setup in this layout. It is however all I can think about. Any ideas so far?? Smile.gif

------------------

Don't count on me, to let you know when.....

Don't count on me, I'll do it again.

Don't count on me, it's the point you're missing.

Don't count on me, cause I'm not listening.

It's rather bizarre to me that they're framing the floor before pouring the walls. What's up with that? (I'm serious...do you know?)

fini

edit: On second look, the walls could be poured under the framing, but normally, forms are stripped before framing, mainly for ease of removal. I'm still perplexed.

This message has been edited by fini on 03-29-2002 at 08:24 AM

fini has a right to be worried. What's up with those floor joists? I can't even tell what's supporting them right now. Why is the concrete not poured yet? I'mn just curious because I work in the industry and we've never done it like that before.

-UP

------------------

Liv Tyler as Arwen: "If you want him, come and claim him!" - Translation: "I am very hot."

The concrete is cast in place and only fills to the top of the plywood. The floor joists are only toenailed at that point, and have to hold the tarps and insulating blankets in place. Reason: because of the extreme cold there is a large propane heater that has to go inside for about 3 days to cure the concrete. I was kind of suprised to at the way they did it but piles are poured under to support the teleposts that are holding the weight of the floor joists and the laminated beam is already in place. If you look close you can see two of the three teleposts already there, they look funny due to the angle but they are actually 8 ft. apart.

------------------

This message has been edited by iXtreme on 03-29-2002 at 11:33 AM

It's kind of neat to see them dig. You can easily see how deep the frost line goes. It's about 4-1/2 to 5 feet below the surface. It was very cold that day, -25 celcius or -13 farenheit. No noe has commented on my big black speaker cable on the groud in one of the pics.... whats with that Smile.gif

------------------

The actual theater area is approx 16 X 21 and I have attached a pic of it for refrence

------------------

fini,

Maybe he wanted to have it feel more like a remodel than new construction. This way he can splatter some concrete on those floor joists. Remember when we had my house up on 100 jacks and had to crawl under the building with the concrete hose to pour the pier block footings. Man I had different knees back then. Maybe that is why I have the knees I have now. Perhaps they have a whole different style of construction back there due to climate?

-hammered and nailed

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

• 4 weeks later...

Too correct, it is known in these parts as "weeping tile" and attaches to a sump pit, sorry to confuse you. I now have pics in the framing stages on the main floor I will post to get more input than one can give about a hole in the dirt. Thanks to all who care enought to answer this babble.

------------------

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.

It's only in your head, you feel left out or looked down on.

Just try your best, try everything you can.

And don't you worry what they tell themselves when your away.