Found in some of the strangest places...

picky

Yesterday it was about 92 here in the Detroit area and we had the grandkids for the day. Usually, we like to take them to the park in the warmer months for a picnic lunch and watch them play on the playground equipment. We prefer getting fresh air and exercise to cooping them up indoors and letting them veg-out in front of the tube with kids shows and video games, which pretty much describes our winter activities. But, with it being the middle of the summer and Michigan's reputation for days in the 90s and 100's along with horrible humidity and high dew points, sitting in the park in 92 degrees did not sound very tempting to us yesterday. So we gathered up Katie (3) and Andrew (8) and took them to Chuck E. Cheese's for the afternoon.

For those of you who are not familiar with Chuck E. Cheese's, it's a family-atmosphere video game arcade (in 48 states & 3 countries) that happens to serve decent pizza and a variety of other "health foods", while providing a large, safe play area where kids can run around free, play video games using tokens, ride on rides, crawl through play-scapes and watch computer-controlled, robotic rodents and other animals "play" musical instruments and "sing" on a mock stage, while the parents sit and drink soda pop all afternoon with free refills that make you pee, while keeping an eye on the little tykes. Did I mention the noise floor of screaming, shrieking little girls? OMG they can be loud! ....all part of being a grandpa, I suppose. LOL ...my poor, bleeding ears!

Later in the afternoon (we were there for 3-1/2 hours!) as I left the rest room for about the third time (darned free refills!) I decided to walk a different route back to our table avoiding the sea of video games and walked past that robotically-animated "band" I had mentioned earlier because they were "playing", which they do at various intervals throughout the day. I'd seen them many times before and never really payed much attention, other to think it's rather clever, putting about 6 furry-looking, 6-foot-tall animal characters in clothes, attaching musical instrument to them and then using a form of animatronics to animate them in synchronized concert to a musical sound track, complete with solos and effects lighting. I quickly noticed; I was the only person paying attention as I realized, I was watching a giant "rat" with a hat sing! LOL

But, it wasn't until I decided to leave the area, while I still had my self-respect, that I noticed the most surprising and important detail of the entire building's interior: There they were, hanging from Chuck E. Cheese's suspended ceiling: A pair of what look to be, Klipsch Heresy's!! OMG! That video-gaming, pizza-slinging rat has some class after all! LOL I would not have believed it except to see it with my own eyes. That really made my day! -Glenn

post-10177-1381960026388_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819618724682_thumb.jpg

Thanks for a great story Glenn.

My daughter, when she was in school, worked for Chuck E. Cheese. She was responsible for entertaining large groups that came for birthday parties, etc... Klipsch was the company of choice for speakers at her store, also. Darn, if that mechanical band didn't sound good.