BEYMA CP385/ND and FAITAL PRO LTH102 Tractrix Horn

brians7

Do you have the measurement gear to dial it in? I personally went with the BMS 4550 and a $12 QSC horn instead, and prefer it to some other combinations I've heard. The big question is always what you plan to use it with.

I am just going to buy a couple of different drivers and horns. To see how they sound. I have a pair of Altec 811b and Great Plains 909 driver and Selenium D405 and a copy of the JBL 2380 horns. I will try them with some speakers that I am building now. They are Onken cabinets using Great Plains Audio 416-8c. My speakers that I have been using are LaScala's with ALK universal crossovers. The only test equipment that I have is a Radio Shack SPL meter and some test cds. I am just getting started on my adventure. Thanks Brian

I can compare the Beyma 385 to the Crites tweeter and a Beyma CP-25. I use my 385's with DDS 100 horns. They are super smooth and stand far apart from the other 2 mentioned tweeters. I remember adjusting my crossovers to turn up the highs because I had never heard them like that before. VERY impressive

• 4 years later...