Got the UMC-1 - its HUMMIN'!

wuzzzer

The XLR cable from monoprice showed up today. Now I have a sub and no hum at all! Ran the EmoQ setup to set speaker distance and levels. I disabled the EQ as I like to run everything flat.

Couple things that are slightly buggy: One was when I'm playing an audio CD with my PS3 and advancing forward or back a track it takes the UMC-1 a few seconds to lock onto the signal so sometimes the first few minutes of a song are missed. I noticed that it only happens when I have the PS3 set to upconvert CDs to 176kHz. I changed it to 44.1(?)kHz and there's only a slight hesitation now. Also, on the PS3's menu when you're navigating around different icons the audio signal drops in and out. Raising/lowering the volume between 53 and 54 makes a slight popping sound from the speakers.

I should be getting my new PS3 slim tomorrow and will be able to Bistream all audio signal to the UMC-1. Then I'll be able to take advantage of everything the UMC has to offer.

I moved everything out and re-routed my wiring and cables. I also cleaned up all my inputs and cable termination with a little DeOxit wiping. I have been very satisfied with the unit and sound quality but can't really recommend it to everyone the way I'd like because in some instances they may have issues.