Got my EICO HF-81 finally

No Disc

I also miss guessed on the width of the caulk...mine is 1½" wide.

I did caulk my Belles (with plastic horns) just because I was so excited to be able to do ANY kind of mod with my limited abilities! I heard a world of difference after I rope caulked...hardly sounded like the same speakers..NOT!! I actually couldn't hear any difference at all.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd rather work on trying to get better bass out of them then to muffle the Highs. Have any of you guy's done any mods that you thought helped the Bass out on your Heresy's. I even thought of buyiong those replacement woofers that are available for $79 each and give them a try.

Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

I have a minor web presence at

http://www.windworld.com/emi/

a search under Zeno Okeanos will dig up an article I did for the magazine and some recorded examples which were recently remasted to CD on a collection of contributors to the magazine.

Bart Hopkin who runs this thing has also put out some wonderful CDs and Books which are widely available.

Search around on his website for the catalog.

A large portion of my own CD collection under Cuban or Latin music are compilations of early (20'-50's) rare historical material that previously was only available on scattered 78s and exceedingly rare 10" vinyl etc. One such label is out of Spain called Tumbao and another is out of Europe somewhere, Harlequin, both and others available from

Descarga.com

My source of sleeves (for what its worth):

www.squaredealonline.com

1-800-235-4114 call for catalog

-waxed and shellacked

PS.

My little latin jazz band mostly plays at Sweet Lou's restaurant in downtown Cotati, California on Thursdays evenings 9 pm <8261 Old Redwood Hwy>. I am also going to try something this coming Saturday night there with this other band, and I might bring out my Vibes, it will be my debut with this instrument. I am hoping the physical presence of the instrument and the commitment to the gig will suddenly, as if by magic, turn me into a Vibraphonist. I will be re-testing this theory out this coming Saturday, and who knows after that.

Previously I demonstrated this theory in New York, buy renting Carnegie Hall and a full page spread in the New York Times. I had the date and the posters plastered all over town, then I rented a really good violin. The theory is If I showed up for the performance the "boundry conditions" would cause what most would call a miracle, but as a scientist- artist we know better.

The stage was set and the audience quieted down and the curtain opened. I approached the spotlight with full confidence that when I put the bow to this instrument, never having played it before, I would instantaneously find a way to make beautiful music. John Cage was there. He dug it. What more can I say. You have to have faith.

-coaxed and hoaxed

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 04-03-2002 at 07:58 PM