My CAT went INSIDE my subwoofer!!!

kenratboy

YES! I have a dual 15" JBL Pro subwoofer. It has two, 5" ports that are 6" long. I was sitting at the computer (an doing so now) and I heard a noise. I turned around and saw nothing. I minuite later, I heard another noise, and it was my cat crawing OUT of one of the ports.

Both woofers were in, so he went IN and OUT through the port. My car weights 16 pounds and is a monster, but he could crawl through a long 5" hole! He dodn't mess up the inside of the subwoofer. I now have the ports covered with a piece of masking tape so he doen't do it again. I don't want to have to pull the woofers...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Ken,

"My car weights 16 pounds and is a monster" Your car weighs 16 pounds! What did you get? Nice car

Wink.gif

Well my cat called MEOW weighs in at 23lbs(not fat just BIG)and did not pass thru RF-7's ports! Smile.gif

And Klipsch is known for BIG ports,Ken you better buy a lion.This way no more cats on JBL's.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

LOL!!!

I got my cat from the pound. He was due to be put to sleep in about 6 hours, couldn't resist him. He was a pet that was abandoned, lived on the streets for a while, and then was taken to the pound. He had a rough life, torn ears (TheEAR), broken teeth, and he is THE MEANEST, MOST AGGRESSIVE CAT I have ever seen. He loves all people and is cuddely, but he kicked a 50 pound dogs *** BIG TIME. He almost attacked a kid once... He is Maincoon and Persian, so big bones and durable, long hair. He is getting old, but he has at least 3-7 years left.

He had to streach and twist to get in and out of the port. I was glad he didn't get stuck inside, I don't think he would like the Makita taking out screws...

EAR, I think you use metric up there, so 12.5 CM on my speakers, how big is the RF-7 port(s)?

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Ports on the back of RF-7's and the single port on the RF-5's are 4"(10 cm).The flare looks like 5-5.5".

The cat cant pass his head.And likes to sleep on subs(magnetic field?).

Your cat sure had a tough life on the streets,my cat is a cross between a Maincoon and a savage cat.Was found in the forrest with another cat.The rest died,a tough bastard,bites when I dont give him food and opens doors!Learned to twist door handles with his paws!Not a cat for kids,bit me a few times. cwm27.gif

And destroyed one Monster M1000 Digital interconect.

cwm23.gif

A few bites and the cable was severed!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

dndphishin: If I TAP the cone, the whole room resonates, the cat would not like that...

Ear, my cat just begs and acts cute when he wants food, little... I wild cat probably wouldn't be too good around a wee one, especially a baby! My kitty knows he would DIESmile.gif if he killed a cable! Your cat sounds like a handful!

------------------

a pigmy lion who patronizes human beings:

LOL, thats too good!!!

Yeah, the cat tends to "soften" the bass a bit because he absorbes the sound waves.

I will put a kitty door on the subwoofer, and the litter box!

------------------

Haha, this is too funny. My cats couldn't care less about my speakers, even when they are cranked, strange little critters they are.

------------------

JVC 36" tv

Technics DA-10 Reciever

Klipsch KSW-10 sub

Klipsch RC-3 II Center

Klipsch RB-3 Surounds

Nuance Fronts

Hitachi DV-P415U dvd player

My cat will sleep in front of my speakers, even if they are LOUD! He is wierd though- You gotta love cats. For dog owners that disagree, my cat doesn't pee on the carpet when I am late getting home.

------------------

As a matter of fact, my cat blew chunks right outside my door while I was gone today. Poor kitty...

We have 5 new chickens and they have been driving the poor cat MAD!!!

------------------

These are not eating chickens, nor do we desire to have more than 5. If we have a rooster, the people at the farm near us will take it, don't care what they do with it, CHOP!

------------------

belial: YEAH, I got my cat from the pound, he was about 24 hours from getting put to sleep. Quite sad, but rescuing a dog or cat makes a person feel good. He was a few years old, so no one wanted him, I did. I think my old cat got eaten by coyotes Frown.gif. He went out in the morining and never came home. I was so sad, spent a week walking the neighborhood twice a day, morning and afternoon. He was no where to be found. After a week, I get another cat, the one I have now.

------------------

kenratboy,

I too rescued Powder, my 17.5 pound, white as the driven snow , lazy as he*#, cat from certian death at the pound. But, for the life of me, I can not see how your's and theEAR's cats can stand those woofers. Since I got my 4638, my cat has taken up permanent residence UNDER my waterbed. He can be in the room and he doesn't mind loud music, but I guess my Cornwalls have never shaken his guts like the JBL. As soon as the Dual 15s fire, he is headed for the back room at a velocity I can't even begin to estimate..but it's FAST!

theEAR..My cat also has learned the old turn the doorknob with his paws trick. Found this out when I tried to lock him in a bathroom while having my carpets cleaned.

Vavoline,

"Found this out when I tried to lock him in a bathroom while having my carpets cleaned."

LOL

My cat wanted to unlock the door to my Klipsches, destroyed one Monster Digital M1000 and a few other lesser cables!When I lock the cat outside the two rooms with audio gear he will complain and paw the door when turning the door knob fails. LOL

These creatures are not dumb,Forrest Gump would learn alot from them. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears