DVD concerts in DTS format?

Ib@nez96

just got alice cooper "brutally live" concert video (in london). dts 5.0 on it (the bass mgmt can do the sub output).

pretty good mix & sound considering the large indoor venue. done in 2000 so has some new stuff along w/ the

old favs like "school's out". he has 2 outstanding guitarists, a keyboardest & drummer even has a solo w/ some nice props.

always like cooper. think the macabre antics/props are pretty funny & entertaining. this guy was on top when marilyn manson was in diapers. Biggrin.gif

body & voice are still in pretty good shape. if you're

into or curious about cooper at all i'd recommend it. i only jumped on it though when i saw it had dts.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

There is one DVD that i seem to be going back to for a reference disk:

" Music For Monserrat "

It's DTS and recorded in the infamous Royal Albert Hall. It has a really enveloping sound and a variety musical types to enjoy. From Sting to Jimmy Buffet, Elton John to Paul Mcartney it's got a little of something for everyone.

Check it out. You won't be sorry.

I second t-man's recommendation, "Roy Orbison Black & White Night." Orbison backed by an all-star cast: Jackson Browne, T. Bone Burnett, Elvis Costello, k.d. lang, Bonnie Raitt, J.D. Souther, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Jennifer Warnes. Great for all ages, 'specially you young'uns. Check this out.

fini

That sounds pretty good Boa. I was interested in this Alice Cooper DVD.LOL. Vince Furnier. Remember when he used to play golf with Groucho ? There was a magician that lived about 3 streets away from my parents house in New Jersey that went on one of their tours to manage some of the stage special effects he used . His name was the Amazing Randy. Quite a character. One of his promotions he pulled off was to drive a car around the town of Red Bank , New Jersey blindfolded. They hired him so Alice wouldn't kill himself during some of the more dangerous stunts.All in good fun. I think I'll pick this disc up.Thanks

Sarah Brightman - La Luna

Dave Mathews Band???

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I have that WHO DVD . Is that great or what?

How about that camera on the headstock on John Entwhistle's Bass ? That was a pretty nice bass solo.

I've been listening to those guys since they recorded Happy Jack.One thing though, I was a little more impressed with the DD 5.1 on this disk than the DTS. At least on my system. I felt the same way with AC/DC's Stiff Upper Lip.That's not true with most of my DVDs and it depends on your system. I was pleasantly suprised with the audio quality of this concert. Have Fun, BBB

How bout the Elton John DVD Greatest Hits Live. Over 2 hours of music recorded live at Madison Square Garden. Guest artists include Bill Joel, Mary J. Blige, Bryan Adams, Kiki Dee, Anastasia, etc. All the hits are there and sounds fantastic in DTS. Also DD5.1 and DD 2.0 as well. A definite must have for Elton John fans.