F3 price...good deal?

JasonJCarney

I can get a set of 1 year old F3's in mint condition for $425 if I pick up but they are 3 hours from my house. Or I can buy a brand new pair from newegg for $570 shipped to my door. If I could get the guy down to $375 do you think this is a good deal? 99% HT use. The guy also doesn't have the boxes anymore which worries me a little for future moves or a possible sale down the road. What deal should I go for?

Whether it is a good deal is subjective. You are likely to spend $50 or more on gas, plus 6-7 hours of your time.

Is it worth it to you? I drove 140 miles each way to get a KV-4 for $165. Normally used they go for around $250 or $300. Not sold new anymore.

I did this because the price was low and we had free time, made a day of it. If I could have bought new for $100 more, I would have bought new.

I would get the new ones, they are priced pretty low from what I understand.... But if you are willing to drive to save ~$100 (after gas) then by all means.

Good luck.

• Moderators

I would get the new ones, they are priced pretty low from what I understand.... But if you are willing to drive to save ~$100 (after gas) then by all means.

It's your choice of course but for the extra $100 you get a 5 year warranty from Klipsch if it's a authorized dealer.

I picked up a pair of F3's last year 15 miles from my house for around $200. They were in great shape when i got em. I think you could do better.

Looks like i may have a chance to get a pair of RF82's for under $600, the guy wants $600, but maybe i can get em for $450.