Pictures of beveled glass top customized La Scala Cabinets w/ALK crosssover upgrade

Hi Al K. I finally went with 3,0 settings. One level up from your stock setting. I went back and forth for a bit and finally settled on 3,0. The 3,X setting was a bit much due to the lower end frequency of the squawker beginning to take over(almost sounded like a mid woofer!). By the way, I am very happy with them. Thanks. ChemPharma

This message has been edited by ChemPharma on 05-01-2002 at 10:08 AM

Chempharma,

Thanks for the close-ups...now I can see that you dont have trim inserts inside the framework, but that you 45-degree chamfered the frame members instead...I was wondering why you wouldn't have just done that to start with, instead of adding moulding that had been chamfered...LOL!

I guess you used a rabbet on the inside edges of the top pieces to support the glass, huh?...anyway...great job...keep this in mind though...over the years that blonde maple will eventually begin getting darker with alot of red in it, unless you completely sealed the pieces on all sides, including the back so that no air can get to the wood....the high iron content of maple causes it to get that darker and darker "patina" over the years as the iron in it oxidixes...kinda a dark rusty color, eventually. But that will add some bit of an even more endearing look to them, won't it? Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.