Wanted -- One Walnut Belle

Connor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walnut WALNUTwalnut s>walnut WAL-FREAKING-NUT!!!s>

ahem. please excuse the outburst; it's just that i've been looking for a nice oak/oil belle for so long.

cwm44.gif

...mine would go in a music system. no video at all. so size is not a problem. besides, it's like somebody once said, "there ain't no substitute for cubic inches." He was talkin' about car motors, but it applies just as well to loudspeakers, imho.

------------------

JDM

JD, man, $425 is a STEAL. Looks pretty clean, too. I were you, I'd jump on it; shipping can't be too hideous.

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

AES AE-25 "Superamp" (in temporary retirement)

AES AE-3 Pre-amp (in temporary retirement)

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (KCBR's & ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Chris,

It does look clean. And I have seriously considered a cornwall, but I'm still trying to hold out for nice oak/oil belle. If I can't find a good used one, I'll just have to start saving my nickels and dimes for a new one. Contributions can be sent to...cwm20.gif

------------------

JDM

Mike

I did jump on that Walnut one on AudioWeb and it does look clean. I have a few remaining questions for him, but the big one will be answered next week when I finally find out what it sounds like in my place.

It has been so long that I have wondered about this.

The anticipation is killing me! Woo hoo!

Someone remind me that K-horns and a center belle is goind to work out well? Think of it as a final gut-check.

Room is 25x50, by the way.

In anycase, I will let you guys know what I hear.

Connor, I'm in your neck of the woods (Lancaster, just west of Bolton on 495) ... I've got a Belle center between two Cornwalls and it sounds great. The two Khorns I have are in another room.

If you're heading down to VA to fetch the Belle, would you mind picking up that one Cornwall for me Smile.gif I don't know if I'm serious or not, but if nobody bids on it, I'd pick it up as a possible center channel rear for some future system. Would match the two old Cornwall II's I have now. Pay $50 towards gas? Smile.gif

You're room sounds great ... would love to hear a pair of Khorns sing in a room THAT size! Mind a visitor? Smile.gif

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

New Tube 4000 CD Player

HOME THEATER

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Chris

No worries at all.

Let me know what you work out with him, and I will gladly bring it back (let's both hope for no rain) but I will pack it up and tarp it nicely, regardless.

I will actually be driving up in your neighborhood on Monday the 15th, around noon. I could meet you at the intersection or 290 and 190 (I think that there is a mall right there?)

Anyway, let me know what you do, and I will call you to confirm, as late as Friday AM, on the 12th.

And of course you are more than welcome to hear the get up over here. I am right in the South End, so pretty easy to get to from everywhere.

Connor

Connor, thank you. I really appreciate it.

This weekend, I'm taking my wife and three kids down to Hilton Head for a week to say "goodbye" to my father. He's on his last legs in a cancer battle and we'll be celebrating his 75th next week.

If I do grab this CW II, would you mind just draggin' it on home and I'll pick it up when I return to MA? Sorry to throw a glitch in there Frown.gif

Anyhow, glad you've snagged the Belle and I'm sure you'll love it. You might want to email Ed Rex on this forum (Edward.K.Rex@grassvalleygroup.com) and check out his center Belle mods; they were wonderful and really enhance the match between the Belle and his surrounding Khorns. He basically swapped out the woofer for a Stephen Trusonic (and a midrange/tweeter upgrade, too), which more closely matched the bass response of the Khorns.

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

New Tube 4000 CD Player

HOME THEATER

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Chris

No worries.

I will hang on to the Cornwall at my place in Boston, and you can come in and pick it up when you get back.

One thing though; I spoke to the guy today, and he said he has no box for it. If you get in touch with him early this week, he said that he could prepare a crate/box for the Cornwall. (It does have to make the drive in the back of an open truck for 8 hours)

Anyway, let him know soon, and tell me what you want to do, and I will take care of it for you.

Connor

Connor, you're a gent! I understand now we have a little confusion.

I was thinking of the following Cornwall on Ebay, not the fellow you're buying the Belle from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1343796181

It is one of the "rare" Cornwall II's from the mid-60's with the vertical mid- and tweet- Smile.gif I thought it might be a little out of the way for you, hence the question and the offer to offset some of your expenses.

I suspect it will be a pain for you given the length of your trip and you'll probably decline, but if you still are willing to make a go of it, I'd be happy to help out on your expenses.

Still want to see that room of yours Smile.gif

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

New Tube 4000 CD Player

HOME THEATER

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

quote:

Originally posted by James D McCall:

Good luck, Connor! I've been looking for an oak/oil belle for over a year. Seems like most that come up for sale are walnut, though. Plus, it seems they're always on one coast or the other--long drive from SW Missouri.

JD,

Here is a pair of Oak Clear Belle's on AudiogoN...

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrfull&1023285475

Not sure where they are located though...

Mike

Chris

I was able to find two towns with this name in Maryland; one a long way away, and one very close to Rockville (where I will be)

Can you find out which one this guy lives in, and whether you definitely want the speaker? If you do and it is close, no worries and I will pick it up and work out the details with the guy. If you do and it is the far one, then maybe he and I can work out something where we meet half-way -- and I would still need his number to work out the details.

We should be able to work this out, and still be better off than paying for shipping.

Let me know.

Connor

Connor, I got the location from the seller, but I'm just finishing a conference call here at work. Major lay-offs are in the works for sales -- and that's me -- so I'm going to hold on to my Schekels for now ...

Thanks again for your offer to help, and good luck getting yours! Sure they'll sound great!

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

New Tube 4000 CD Player

HOME THEATER

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Man-o-man, just saw a pair of Walnut Belles go for $601 on e-bay. Seller had listed them by model number only - "BK-WO". These units sat at $500 up until the end with only one bidder. Talked to the wife an hour or so before and she went ballistic so naturally I had my bid of $551.01 poised and ready. Refreshed with 6 seconds left only to see it jump to $601. I must be getting old. My heart is still pounding.

------------------

Ed

Well, if its any consolation, edwardre, if I had known I would have bid higher... I am looking for three Belles to be side surrounds and rear effects on a Heritage system anchored by Khorns and Belles.

Good deals are always attractive... but I am sort of on hold to see what the latest version of Heritages roll out... cwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gif -HornED

PS: Too bad it isn't just for us Ed's for whom the Belles toll. cwm14.gifcwm14.gif

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-10-2002 at 06:45 PM

Ed - Agreed! You know, it's always a dilemna....send out the alert that a 'steal' is afoot and risk the ensuing bidding frenzy negating the 'good deal', or keep quiet and hope that a fellow board member is watching dilligently. In this case, I had recalled that Mike Lindsey was looking for a heritage deal. I pinged him but he was really looking for some CW's, so I then decided that in any event, Walnut '79 Belles a couple hundred miles from me for under $600 was just too much to pass up. I might have been able to make use of one, as I just purchased a Denon 3802 to replace my 1700, thus affording me the 'excuse' to get a rear center. Even just getting them for cheap like that then spit shining, photographing and marketing for resale on e-bay would in all likelyhood turned a quick grand.

Of course, I would have to go home sometime tonight and face Ms Ballistic. "I have to crawl over these damn speakers just to get to the bathroom" Hmmmm....well, not all the way over....Wink.gif I still haven't fessed to the $300 Forte II's I scored the other day. They are (hopefully) en route. Guess I'll play it off like I got them for $50 or so. Jeez. What a life.

------------------

Ed