Wanted -- One Walnut Belle

Connor

Jeff & Mike,

Thanks for the tip on the belles in Maine. This is the second time I'm aware of that those speakers have appeared on Audiogon. I contacted the seller the first time I saw them there. He was asking about $1900. for the pair then. Seems he has come down some. They are oak/clear, so would need refinished to work for me. Actually, the seller said he was a long-haul trucker, and might be able to deliver them to my area, or at least get a lot closer than Maine. But when I asked for more pictures, I never heard back. Seems one of the speakers needed some new veneer, if I recall. So in light of all the facts, I decided not to pursue them. Also, he had stated they looked "just like the speakers on the website". Of course, the ones on the website have always been finished in walnut. The upshot is, he seemed a little uh, unsure about them. Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I just didn't have a good feeling about the whole deal. Still lookin'.

------------------

JDM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Klipsch Employees

The new Belle's will be out in a few weeks.

You can buy only one...

We will do the Oil for about a month after they return.

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

trey.cannon@klipsch.com

1-800-554-7724 opt 6

Edware & HornEd:

Ok, I'm the guilty one who got the Belles at the last min.

I had been emailing the seller for the past week, and he really did not know what he had, or at least their value. The only bidder had first bid $300, and then, like me, he found out the reserve was only $500, so he bid that. Well, he actually had bid $600.

I did the Mobile Homeless style of bidding, and when my first bid of $525 was out-bid, I did a $601.01 and got them.

Anyway, the seller says they are clean and in good shape, other than a couple nicks and bumps, and he is going to clean them up tomorrow for me.

As I already have 1 pair of Belles, if these are nicer than the pair I have, I will keep them and sell the others, or even part them for 2 center channels.

I could offer my pair of Khorns with a Belle as a center, although the last time someone put that combination up on Ebay last month for $2400, they did not sell.

No matter what, I will be selling 2 Belles very soon, or, according to my better half, I will have to live in the garage with them.

Also:

Just got my Wright 2A3 monoblocks in today. Can't wait to get home to hook them up. I have a hunch I will be upgrading my AMC PreAmp very soon, as I am sure it will be to noisy (hiss) for the Wright/Belle combination.

Mike

Ah! I thought so. Good deal Jobman. Glad to see that a 'member' got them.

Vallejo or Penn Valley to Bakersfield is probably about the same distance. About 300 miles. I already had my route mentally planned out when they were still at $500 with 5 minutes to go.

------------------

Ed

quote:

Originally posted by trey cannon:

The new Belle's will be out in a few weeks.

You can buy only one...

We will do the Oil for about a month after they return.

That is fantastic, Trey! Absolutely fantastic. I'm thrilled -- If I don't keel over from "sticker shock", that is.

cwm3.gif

Thanks a bunch, Trey

------------------

JDM

Edwardre:

Yea, it was 287 miles, 9.5 hrs round trip. Nice guy. Never played them, or even heard them. A friend "gave" them to him, as they were moving and had no room for them, and this guys wife would not let them in the house - to big!

They are a Walnut, but a much lighter color than my other Belles, king of like my K-horns. Really good shape other then a missing piece of veneer on the upper right from side corner on one speaker. Grills are very good, and overall, a very good deal.

They sound great, just like they should.

So now I need to clean them up and decide what to do with them

Mike

Ok, ya'll, I drove 1000 miles through the rain (both ways) and picked up the Belle from a hell of a nice guy in Virginia. Hooked it up last night and blew my own self away. I had to run out and get the movie, Fast and the Furious, it was (frankly) out-of-control.

I am just too pleased with the combination of Horns/Belle/Fortes, and I am definitely going to be kicked out of the apartment where I live.cwm30.gif

Thanks for all the help and advice

So So So worth the wait.

Connor

Looking for a (1) single Belle Klipsch speaker if anyone has one, or sees one at a "Fair" price let me know. Oiled oak...I think (99% sure) this is my finish.

I might also consider Black or could also be unfinished birch too, if this is to go to a home theatre room behind a scrimm. All origional parts in working order etc. etc. I was really hoping when Klipsch came to town I would find more of these in the local papers for sale... But to my sadness, I guess everything is still made in Hope.

Also looking for a split La Lscala too. The industrial version in good shape.

Thanks for looking.

This message has been edited by IndyKlipschFan on 04-16-2002 at 11:29 PM

• 3 weeks later...

Mike,

Please email me the details of your second set. I'm looking for a pair of Belles and would also like a single to go with a pair of K-horns.

I'm in SOCAL but travel to San Fran every other month or so. I could easily come get them.

David

serberdm@coronado.navy.mil