Upgrade Center channel?

thecoffeeguy

Hello everyone. I have a Klipsch setup at home; my center channel is a RC-10 (discontinued) and I have been thinking for awhile about upgrading my center channel. It just seems that a lot of the sound that comes from the center channel is very quiet and I have to dial up the volume to really hear it at times. Yet, when I do this, then stuff starts to explode, I have to dial it back down.

So my question is, would a bigger, better center channel help me out with this? My room is pretty big. It is a combo family room/eating area/kitchen so I have a lot of room.

I wasn't sure if that it would help or not, so I wanted to ask here.

If a upgrade was needed, what would be a good option to go for? Maybe the RC-52?

Thanks

TCG

I had an rc-10 as well and i loved it. I am constantly messing with the cvolume as i cant have it at reference volume because im in an apartment. Upgrading a center would be good since you have a larger room but it depends really, itshard to say what your exact issue could be. I like my rc-3 II way better than my rc-10 and its not overkill at all. I dont know what you would be mating your center channel to so i cant really give you a suggestion. whats the rest of your system look like and what settings have you applied as far as x-over and gains and whatnot. Are things set to small or large?

Thanks for the help.

Let me give a rundown of my other stuff.

I have a Denon 1910 Receiver (just got it).
I have (4) CDT-5800-C speakers in my ceiling (2 front, 2 back...came with the house).
Link: http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/cdt-5800-c-overview/

Pretty sure those are the ones I have.

I have a KSW-10 subwoofer that I am borrowing, because my other subwoofer, the amp died. So I will be shopping for a sub here as well.

Hope that helps.

Let me know what else I can provide.

Cheers,

TCG