Emotiva XMC-1

Rivernuggets

Was going to put this in wuzzzer's UMC-1 review, but didn't want to hijack, SO:

I noticed Emotiva mentions an XMC-1, but didn't see it featured anywhere. I emailed them and recieved:

The XMC-1 is currently under development. We are expecting release in 1st quarter 2011. We will have more information as we receive them.

Not sure if 'release' means Emotiva gets them, or available to consumers. Maybe this is all over the Emotiva Lounge Forum, but I don't get over there. This messes with my UMC-1 urge.

i'd wait for the xmc-1. Emotiva has learned a thing tor two with releases to early and are handeling the release of the xmc-1 differently fromw hat i understand. i have the umc-1, had i know, i may have waited for the xmc-1 as it has way more hdmi ports and an ethernet cord and just overalll a better setup from what i can see. hold out man!

Yes it's always been known that the XMC-1 would be released after the UMC-1, the XMC-1 will be a more deluxe model and have a few advanced features as well as RCA and balanced XLR outputs to match the XPA amp series, the Emotiva UMC-1 and UPA amp series does not have balanced XLR inputs, only RCA.

Crazy.....to stay up to date, even with HT now, it involves contant upgrades.

I just saw some posts on the Emotiva forum wanting composite Inputs/Outputs gone from modern processors. I would like at least a few 'antique' composite I/Os, especially when buying a processor. I'm a big fan of compatibily, even beyond the realm of audio.

Not having a composite option would be like.......not being able to reminisce. It would suck.