Halo....

Groomlakearea51

About 2 months ago, amidst the fanfare, hoopla, and general slobbering love fest that accompanies such pending releases, the new Halo: Reach was announced. Pre-orders, etc. Well, my son (12 years old) started his propaganda campaign. It worked on "mommy", because 12 year olds who hug their mommy when mommy gets home can get anything they want (if the requests are cleverly spaced out...).

Well, she pre-ordered it from Amazon and on Monday night, the local game store had a pre-release party where customers could come in before midnight (H-hour for official release) and play a sample game. The local owner invited my son, who being a Halo fanatic, had constructed his own Halo "Masterchief" costume.

What's interesting about the costume is that it won the Orlando MEGACON-2010 prize for best kids costume. In any event, he dressed out, went and signed autographs, etc.

Meanwhile.... starting yesterday morning, he has been asking my wife and I to check the mailbox every hour on the hour since he got home from school yesterday afternoon. Still no game as of this morning.

He's in a major panic as his X-Box buddies seem to have received their copy yesterday afternoon. He is despondent and was doing serious "moping" this morning before school... I promised as did Mommy... that we would check the PO box (we are kinda' rural and get our mail in town) at least twice today in the hopes that the Halo game made it.

In any event, it appears to be a very sophisticated, slick production; but then again I don't play the video games and would not know what was good or not.

Here's a picture of my son's "creation" as he was at MEGACON before the judges.

dtel's grandson (Buddy): Michael says hello!!! He has a PS2, but does not use it much any more. We will try to visit again maybe during Christmas holidays, but we are not sure at the moment. Glad you like the receiver!!! Have fun and tell your Grandma and Grandpa to stay safe for the rest of the hurricane season!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...