Klipsch MCM 1900 - Two Stacks - 2 La Scalas, 2 Heresy Monitors For Sale

Tube fillup

I have two stacks of the Klipsch 4-way system, that I have owned since 1980. They are fiberglass with metal trim. I have the cross over networks; additionally I have 2 La Scalas and 2 Heresy Slant monitors. I haven't used them since 1985; I have kept them in storage in my warehouse. They are in good condition. Who out there would like to have these puppies?? You can reach me at 407-467-5552 © - Fillup or at sales@salproductions.com.

If interested, contact me; I can email photos to you.

Michael,

I talked with Fillup (Phillup) on Thursday and he was supposed to send some pictures. Haven't herd back from him and I will see if I can contact him in the morning.

We are looking for more MCM's for the flying field as we are building a new museum and another flight line.

Thanks,

W. C.

Charlotte, NC

Good luck witht the sale. You guys have at it if you want. I've already got BG ones, fully restored, and one set is enough for me unless I find more beat up one to restore.

Check the photos, never seen the networks with metal or silver painted face before, and I'd like a copy of that Pro brochure.

Michael

Michael,

These cabinets were possibly before your time . . . I had 8 stacks of these and 22 Heresy monitors - all of our crossovers were silver faced. We drove the rig in a four-way configuration 90% of the time. In the early days we used Crown DC300A's bridged into mono to run the low end. And I believe it was the 300 A's for the mids and highs; the DC100 amp for the tweeters, which had an output of 75 watts per channel; although it's hard to remember that far back.

We have pictures of a show that we did in PA with Tammy Wynette & George Jones with the Klipsch rig. We also used them for a live satellite TV broadcast of the show College Bowl, an intellectual game between college teams moderated by Pat Sajek. (Possibly again before your time.) We used the 22 monitors as upfills to the audience around the arena.

The split versions of the MWM's didn't come out until later as did the split version of the La Scalas. I think if you look at the print out of the MCM 1900 system with the Heresy cubes and Heresy slants and La Scalas, I believe the processors are shown in black and white as being gray. But they are authentic and have the Klipsch serial numbers not only on the top plate but also embedded in the wood along the top edge above the inputs.

The only other company at the time on the East coast that had any of these cabinets in quantity was the Chuko Brothers in Pittsburg, who owned an identical number of cabinets. We joined forces to do a couple of events at Three Rivers Park in Pittsburg.The Chuko Brothers were a tool rental company and Dan Chuko was interested in audio?? (Besides jack hammers, drills, etc.)

The only other thing I can say is that things that are kept well last over the years and become classic products, thus bring a higher price.

Anyway, if you guys are interested, let us know. We presently have an interesting offer if it comes through; if not, we did list them on ebay as well.(I also have guitar pics with the Klipsch logo from that time period.)

Fillup

Fillup, thanks for the stories. Really neat hearing about the quantity of these that were used in the
field, and two companies combining forces was kind of common back 'in
the day'. There were two local rock bands in Indy that bought identical
systems so they could marry them up for larger festival settings. Would
be interested in any pictures of your big set up if you have any. I have a lot of Pro brochurs (working for Klipsch for a while helped fill out my collection) but don't have the SOUND REINFORCMENT one, if you could see fit to post it here that would be appreciated by a bunch of us gear heads.

Not doubting the authenticity of the networks at all, Klipsch changed things around a lot and occasionally we come across something we haven't seen before that's all. Are they wood fronts that are painted or is it a metal panel? Mine are 5/8" wood I think. GUITAR PICKS??? that is another new one on us. Very cool.

There is an industry newsletter from the era called Frequency Response that went out to dealers. One of them talks about the release of the MWM-S (single woofer) bass bin deeming it 'Roadie Friendly' - I like that. Another from Hunter talks about the early MWM bins having 5 amp fuses and suggest replacing with 3 amp as "in our tests, a K43 will successfully protect a 4 amp fuse"

Many of us who own MCM stacks today can only dream about their previous use. As a youngster I worked for a local sound company that ran split LSI's with DC300's biamped, and bought a early set of MCM's which was our 'big' rental rig. I'm still amazed at the sound today.

Welcome to the Forum sir!

Michael

I have a 14' wide home theater, currently with industrial La Scalas. I am interested in the lower freq range of the MCM stack and want to stay with all horns. Unfortunately this leaves a ~2-3' clearance between the stacks which I am sure isn't optimal. However, having the stack sideways will be optimal for placement in the room. How do these sound if the stacks are sideways? Am I crazy?!?! I am sure the Jubilee 535 would be the best choice however I am not ready to spend quite that much.

Shawn

The MWM bins I have in my MCM system came from RFK stadium in Washington DC when they replaced the sound system years ago. So, I was told. When I bought them the fellow had stacks of MWMs on shelves in a warehouse in Virginia and brought them down with a forklift and let me pick the best ones.