Where do I buy a fuse?

I went out and purchased a multimeter to check my amp's fuses. In reading my amp's manual, I found out I need a digital multimeter to bias the tubes and I got an analog meter, but that's another story. Anyhoot, the main fuse of the VTL IT-85 is the culprit. Hoorah! No need to send the unit in for factory work and be ampless for a month or so!!

One problem: no one in Mobile, Alabama has the fuse I need! It's a 6 Amp Slo Blo ceramic fuse, and Rat Shack doesn't carry, nor does Home Depot, nor Lowes, nor ACE hardware. What gives? Any suggestions? Will the quality of the fuse affect the sonic performance? How many electronics suppliers must a man contact before you can call him a mang, mang?

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

not unless you can find a fuse that costs over $20-25. Otherwise they don't ship. PartsExpress requires at least $20-25 on purchases before shipping.cwm29.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Y'all rock!!

I DID try all the manly electronics supply stores in town, and none of them had that fuse. Then I called Luke Manley (brilliant!) at VTL, and he told me I should be fine with a glass fuse (easier to find). I'm still gonna get the ceramic fuse, though, just to be sure; so, thank you much for the advice.

Tonight I'm gonna give tube biasing a try. Let's hope I don't fry.

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

There should be an industrial ghetto of Mobile, check at the PRO shops there, if they exsist.

I have spent the last 15 years looking for a replacement light bulb for my Weller sodering gun, NOPE doesn't exsist...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!