can somebody please help me with my speakers, please

ball of confusion

• Moderators

It's all good, welcome to the forums. On the back of your receiver you should see several red and black binding posts. Look for the one that says Front Left and Front Right. Your speaker wire has two wires in it, one for the Positive (Red) connection and one for the Negative (black) connection. It doesn't matter which one you connect to the receiver's positive and negative binding posts, just as long as when you connect the speaker wire to the speaker, you connect it the same way. Often speaker wire has writing on one of the speaker wires. I typically connect this to the Negative (Black) binding post on the receiver and on the speaker.

Feel free to ask any additional questions you might have.

post-27215-13819616900518_thumb.jpg

post-27215-13819620884304_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

is that where I made my mistake? switching them now.

Yes, you are on the right track now. The surrounds would be if you had two speakers that you wanted to put behind your couch for effects during movies. The "Center" would be a speaker that typically goes above or below your TV.

The others are correct, you need jumpers on your Speakers. They are usually metal bars that you connect both positive terminals on the speaker and a separate jumper to connect the two negative terminals together.

If you do not have the metal ones, you can simply use speaker wire to connect the two positive together and the two negative together.

This thread might help.