New toy enables digital out from ipod to my system

sunnysal

I just bought and installed the DLO HomeDock HD in my system, it looks like this:

dlo homedock hd

though it has a bunch of abilites; remote control of ipods, connection via s-video, hdmi, etc. to televsions...what I bought it for was one simple feature; it has a digital out! it bypasses the DAC in the ipod and lets me input the digital stream into my own, superior DAC. before I found this I could only consider two items to do the same, the famous Wadia 170 (and newer 171i) or the MSB iLink, the difference between my DLO and those items? mine cost $35 and those are hundreds or thousands of dollars! best of all it works! hooked it up via toslink cbale to my MSB DAC et voila!

for those of you who are looking to make the ipod a source for serious listening and have a top quality outboard DAC this is a great economical solution.

warm regards,

Tony

Jay, I bought mine from Amazon.com. I took a chance despite the mixed reviews since I was almost entirely interested in one feature...getting digital out from my ipods to my DAC. I could find nothing else that was even in the same league price-wise (remember Wadia, et al) so I thought why not give it a try. I am very happy with my purchase so far. YMMV, etc. warm regards, Tony