Am I stupid RSW15?

oscarsear

Okay, I am reworking the abode and have dismantled my media room. I want to try the RSW15 in my 2 channel system. But the Accuphase E530 does not have a sub-out nor any RCA out connections at all and the RSW15 has no banana plugs inputs. How do I connect the 2 or can they be connected?

• Moderators

Bart, It does have a pre-out but the connection still employs banana plugs. Is there such a thing as a banana plug to RCA interconnect cable or adapter which might work?

Went looking and couldn't find anything that could be put together to even make that conversion. Maby call one of the company's that make cables and ask if they could make one, can't hurt ?

If you could get to the inside of the sub you could convert it to Banana connections.

I had a Boston Acoustic sub a while back that would take speaker wire, not from the preamp but from the amp, left and right speaker out to left and right speaker in on the sub, and then handle the cross over and then you could run speaker wire out from the sub to the left and right main speaker.

I wonder if Blue Jean's Cable might have something?

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/index.htm

Its RCA stereo in on the RSW15 as well so you should be ok. You would go preamp out (left and right RCA) to the RSW15 (left right in). Set the RSW15 to now act as the crossover and the RSw15 has RCA left/right out) which would go back into the intergrated amp.

Take a close look at the back of your RSW15. I would add try not to have the sub and intergrated amp too far away from each other or the RCA connectors might pick up a hum.

Its RCA stereo in on the RSW15 as well so you should be ok. You would go preamp out (left and right RCA) to the RSW15 (left right in). Set the RSW15 to now act as the crossover and the RSw15 has RCA left/right out) which would go back into the intergrated amp.

Take a close look at the back of your RSW15. I would add try not to have the sub and intergrated amp too far away from each other or the RCA connectors might pick up a hum.

er, yep, I got ya. You have to admit (as I do) that when I ask a stupid question it really is dumber than dumb. thnx I think I need more sleep at night.