Plugging in

matthew2

I wouldn't buy anything audio if it had spring clips. It just looks to cheep. However, what are the reasons for big binding posts ect.. I don't see how it would make a diffrence if the speakers are only a few feet away!

What are the diffrent kinds of connections on amps, reciever, speakers, ect? Which are the best?

Thanks for any replies.

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

M2-

The larger binding posts usually have more surface area that comes in contact with the speaker cable. Thusly the easier it is for the signal to pass through the contact point and get to your speakers. The more unicombered signal that gets to the speakers the higher quality sound.

But, your right. Those spring clip type "push down on tab and insert 22ga. wire" connections do suck in a big way. But like everything else, I'm sure there's a marketplace for them. Not here obviously.....

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 04-05-2002 at 10:13 PM

I can appreciate the problem because I had it. Great electronics but the speaker connection is suspect.

The Sony RB-5 looked like just what I needed for the office system. It is a shoe box sized CD/Receiver. A real honey. Yet it had the cheap spring/lever system.

I wired it to the Forte II with 18 gauge zip cord rather than the 22 gauge speaker wire which came with the Sony.

I love the sound. As insubstantial as the spring connector looks, I can't fault the results.

Gil

I can appreciate the problem because I have it. Great electronics but the speaker connection is suspect.

The Sony RB-5 looked like just what I needed for the office system. It is a shoe box sized CD/Receiver. A real honey. Yet it had the cheap spring/lever system.

I wired it to the Forte II with 18 gauge zip cord rather than the 22 gauge speaker wire which came with the Sony.

I love the sound. As insubstantial as the spring connector looks, I can't fault the results.

Gil