Help finding this potentiometer

joessportster

Hey here's hopeing someone knows a distributer in the us where I can buy this. ( part number wxd3-12) it's for the bias on my amp. I'd like to either stick with the original or get 4 matching equilivant (possiably better quality). Plug the part number into google you get several hits but they are all in china and want you to order a minimum of 200 pcs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joe

Hello,

Give p3america.com a try. They stock thousands of potentiometers, typically sourced from Asian distributors. They are out of San Diego and I think they might have what you are looking for. I believe the one you are looking for, P/N WXD3-12, is listed as P/N CM1000, but you might want to double check as I am not sure of the specific characteristics.

I have included a link to the P/N CM1000 webpage. I hope this helps. If this isn't it, let me know. I have a friend who is an electronics engineer... we'll figure it out.

Marty

http://www.p3america.com/multiturn_wirewound_potentiometers.htm

I would try to substitute it with a 5 or 10 turn wirewound pot which would give you much more stability and control.

JJK

I agree with JJK, measure yours and match it up on digikey or mouser with the 10 turn pot

If you need some help take a picture, measure the leads and take an ohm measurement on the outside leads

Be more than happy to help