Opinions on placing RB-61's mains ontop of SVS PB12-NSD?

MikeAK

Recently moved and am looking at a bit of a space crunch.. What are some opinions on placing my RB61's mains ontop of my subs at the front stage? What I'm looking for is opinions on if there is any risk of damage to the 61's. I hope some will chime in and give their opinions.

Mike

MikeAK,

I see no issue with doing that. Actually it sounds like a cool idea. You will have instant full range tower speakers. The only issue I can forsee is that your RB-61's will be sitting a little low. Do you have a way to tilt them up a few degrees? Remember whatever you do, place something between the 61's and the subs to protect the finishes and help eliminate vibrations.

Bill

MikeAK,

I see no issue with doing that. Actually it sounds like a cool idea. You will have instant full range tower speakers. The only issue I can forsee is that your RB-61's will be sitting a little low. Do you have a way to tilt them up a few degrees? Remember whatever you do, place something between the 61's and the subs to protect the finishes and help eliminate vibrations.

Bill

I'm not so sure they would be sitting low. My PB12's are about 20 inches or so high and if I place the 61's ontop the tweeters would be about 3feet off the ground. When I'm sitting thats just about perfect. As far as placing somthing inbetween, would a simple cloth work or should I be looking at something a little thicker/solid?

I'm not so sure they would be sitting low. My PB12's are about 20 inches or so high and if I place the 61's ontop the tweeters would be about 3feet off the ground. When I'm sitting thats just about perfect. As far as placing somthing inbetween, would a simple cloth work or should I be looking at something a little thicker/solid?

Your probably right. I thought about the height after the post. 36 inches at seating position is probably dead on.

As far as putting something between the 61's and your subs, try to get eight of those little black sticky half moon feet that come with the reference center channel speakers and stick them on the bottom of each speaker near the corners. They work great to protect and help with vibration control.

Bill