I Am In Love For the First Time!!!

Timothydn

OK...Let me say, that I have been reading excerpts on this site for about a week now waiting for my Klipsch speakers to arrive. I have read about as much as you can about the Reference series and I couldn't wait to hook up my new theater. Here is what I was replacing:

B&W 683-Fronts

B&W HTM2-Center

Definitive Tech. Mythos Gems-Rears

I now have:

RB-35-Fronts

RC-62-Center

RB-10-Rears

I cannot believe the night and day difference!!! These Klipsch speakers sound so much more detailed than the other speakers I had before! This thread may be boring but I just cant believe that I spent soooooo much money trying to achieve the perfection that Klipsch has provided! I was just interested to see if anyone had the same experience.

Timothydn,

Welcome to the forum. We have another convert on board(thankfully not from the B$$E camp). As a matter of fact we welcome them too.

Great setup. I had the RB-35's and RC-62 before my RF-63's and RC-64(the upgrade bug might just bite you so be careful). Come to think of it I have owned two pairs of RF-35's. Plenty of bass for a bookshelf and very detailed. Get a good sub and your setup will be even better. What electronics are you going to use with them?

Good luck,

Bill

As of right now I have a Yamaha RX-V3800, which I love. I am powering the front three with an Emotive XPA-3. I have a premier acoustic 12" sub, but I might just spring for a Klipsch if the subs sound good.

Nice receiver, I am sure it does a nice job especially with your Emo. Klipsch makes nice subs but there are better out there for less $$$.

Billl

• Moderators

Congrats on your first Klipsch purchase. I've always been a big B&W fan but haven't heard them in a long time, and haven't heard them after purchasing my first Klipsch speakers. So honestly, I can't say how they compare to the Klipsch sound. From what I remember they have a lower sensitivity rating so they demand more power to make them come alive. I'm sure they have totally different sounds due to the Horn loaded tweeters that Klipsch uses.

That's good to hear that you prefer the Klipsch over the B&W. I went with Klipsch mainly because they were much less than the B&W's although I liked both.

Post some pics of your setup. We all love seeing other peoples gear.

Again, congrats and welcome to the forums.

• 1 month later...

I am going through this decision now. I have the DM-602's as my fronts and the matching center but feel it's lacking in the voices, and just sounds dull. I have been thinking maybe the RF-42,RF-52 or the WF-34 with matching center channel. The ones you have are discontinued so what is the replacement model?