Heresy III-Which amplifier?

PAUL1979

Hello, this is my first post! i was wondering if you guys could help me out?

I am gonna buy a pair of Heresy 3 soon for my home DJ setup, i was wondering

if you guys could advise me on a good reasonably priced amp (modern or vintage)that compliments the Heresy 3

that is clean sounding and has a bit of power, i dont have big money to spend (around 500)

I would greatly appreciate your expertise!

Thanks!

PAUL1979,

Welcome to the forum.

Try a used B&K amp. Great bargains out there. Here is a very nice B&K ST-2140(140w/ch) amp for a great price. Forum member Clermontcop(Matt) has one that he has used with Heresy's, Quartet's, and now Chorus's and absolutely loves it. Cool running, built like a vault, neutral/warm sonic signature, with plenty of oomph down low.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1294626731&/B-K-ST--2140-

Bill

Paul,

Welcome to The Forum.

Unless you are dead set on H IIIs (at ~$800 per speaker), I reccomend buying used on CL.

Ebay is ok too; but unless it is a local pickup, you will pay hundreds for shipping.

Heresy Is can be found in good shape between $300-$500. You may need a sub if you are craving tons of bass.

(There are things you can do to maximize bass output though; tighten the backs; ensure all drivers are tight; etc.).

I have seen H IIIs on the bay new for ~$1100 per pair from time to time.....

FWIW, I love my system and feel the Heresy I is one of the best audio bargains on the planet.

Good Luck in your choice.

Hello, this is my first post! i was wondering if you guys could help me out?

I am gonna buy a pair of Heresy 3 soon for my home DJ setup, i was wondering

if you guys could advise me on a good reasonably priced amp (modern or vintage)that compliments the Heresy 3

that is clean sounding and has a bit of power, i dont have big money to spend (around 500)

I would greatly appreciate your expertise!

Thanks!

If you are using them for home DJ I would get a pair KP-250's or KP-201's. Heres the links http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kp-250-overview/ and the KP-201 link

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kp-201-overview/

thanks for all the input guys

i decided to buy a pair of Heresy2 on ebay, as the seller was in the uk (meaning shipping costs a minimum), what i was wondering was, are they easily servicable, if i ever have a problem with them in the future are they easily refurbished/fixed?

obviously these speakers are20 plus years old, should i get a decent enough life out of them if they are properly maintained?

once again,thanks for all the reply's

paul