need wall mounts for RS-42's

cwall1313

• Moderators

Not trying to be a smart alec

Ok I will......

I know you like them but you don't need to mount them, [:o] just hang them on the wall. [:P]

Just kidding what Youthman said works fine just get some big enough, and Welcome to the forum ! [8-|]

• Moderators

I was actually thinking to myself, "self, why can't i just put a nail in the wall and hang them with the keyhole," but i thought that was way too simple....and way too inexpensive!

More expensive is not always the best approach. (ex. Monster Cable vs. www.MonoPrice.com). If you want to make them look really cool, run your wires inside the wall instead of just dropping it down from the speaker to the floor.

rs-52_5.jpg

post-27215-13819634222022_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I just found out that Klipsch had their own forum. I've been a loyal AVS forum fan for some time but will be a regular here from now on. I'll post pics. Probably won't be till after Christmas before I get them hung. Lot of wiring to run before hand...

BTW- I've got two RF-63's, RC-62, and two RS-42's. I've got the Onkyo TSX806 pushing them. Been a klipsch owner since 1993 and love them. Oh, got an old Definitive Technology Powerfield 15 sub. It's starting to show it's age, though.

• Moderators

Not trying to be a smart alec

Ok I will......

I know you like them but you don't need to mount them, Surprise just hang them on the wall. Stick out tongue

So you think I can hang my Heresies on the wall, dtel?

Sure look at these Forte's [:P]

post-11804-13819634229136_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I just can't pass up a chance to be a smart a**. Thats anchors and screws (big ones), and a little metal. [:$] I had no other place for rears, and NO place for side speakers, that was my only choice

I did once here see a pic of a box with an angle on the back to tilt the speaker downward and they had screwed it to the back of a Heresy and he had them for rears.

Also a neat idea someone here did was to make a false column the size of a Heresy from floor to ceiling and at the correct height the Heresy was inserted on a shelf, but it just looked like a column.

Once, I tried to test wall-mounted a Cornwall on two u-shape metal plates with BIG anchors and screws but it did not hold well. It just ripped the wall apart. Luckily, I had a huge mattress directly under the Corny. I would have been crying for days.