Setup options for the rf-82

Osiris_1980

Hi all,

I am new to this community and to Klipsch as well. I wanted to buy a Klipsch speaker system, which would mainly be used for music. I have already bought the rf-82's and am considering buying the rc-62 center with rs-52 surrounds, a PA-120 subwoofer and a marantz sr 5005 receiver. But here's the thing....since my room is really small, I was wondering if I could not buy the surrounds and the subwoofer. In other words, just have a rf-82 with the rc-62 center setup with the marantz sr 5005. What would that sound like? I realise that i will not get the surround effect for movies, but will it affect music quality hugely as well.

Many thanks in advance for your help/replies. Appreciate it.

Welcome.

Do you think the rf-82s with a sub and center would work well?

I do agree, your front soundstage with the sub will yeild better results for music than a 5.0 setup. IMO. If your music setup consisted of (4) RF-82's(fronts,surrounds), then you probably could get away with not having a sub. Obviously if you don't have room for surrounds, you definitely don't have room for (2) more tower speakers. IMO, again.

also what are your thoughts on the marantz sr5005? thanks!

I have never owned any Marantz HDMI receivers but from what I have read and heard, they are very musical. With the SR5005 having preouts, you could add an outboard amp in the furture if you desire. One thing to note, if you do decide not to run a sub, running your speakers as large could tax the amps in the Marantz and not give you the best possible sound quality with that configuration.

Bill

Thanks for your advice/comments.

So finalizing the rf-82 with a sub (any recommendations?). Also, does it make any sense to run the rf-82s with a sub and a center only?? I have the budget to buy a center right now, just not sure whether it'll sound good with the towers and a sub (without surrounds)

Dennie, the outlaw receiver seems nice but i would want to keep some room for future up gradation/additions on my system. The RR2150 doesn't seem very flexible with that.

Also considering picking up a Marantz IS 301 wireless ipod dock with my receiver although i already have a B&W zeppelin. Does it make sense to buy the IS 301?

Apologies if my questions sound too newbie...just wondering.

Also, does it make any sense to run the rf-82s with a sub and a center only?? I have the budget to buy a center right now, just not sure whether it'll sound good with the towers and a sub (without surrounds)

For music, the 3.1 setup will sound great. For HT, it will also sound great minus the information(signals) sent to the surround channels.

Bill