ONKYO TX-SR508 7.1

The Dude

The Onkyo seems like a good unit. I read through some Amazon reviews; etc.

There were a few people who had issues with theirs..... And many who feel it is great bang for buck.

Seriously; $250 for a NEW receiver with that many features is impressive.

Good Luck.

FWIW; the HK stuff is very nice also.

That Onkyo looks like a nice entry level to low mid level receiver especially fro $250.00. My suggestion is if you can squeeze a little more $$$'s out of your budget, opt for the TX-SR707/708 which has preouts to add an amp if you choose.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTXSR707/Onkyo/TX-SR707-Thx-Select2-Plus-100-watts-channel-7.2-Receiver/1.html

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKTXNR708/Onkyo/TX-NR708-7.2-Channel-3-D-Ready-Network-A/V-Receiver/1.html

Bill

Thanks for looking out Bill, I will keep the 707 in mind I don't know if I will ever add the amp but that is a plus to have. I like the Onkyo cause it has the Ipod connection, were the Harman/Kardon 254 got passed up in that department, the olders do and the newer ones do but for some reason they passed that one up. I am looking at both for the price. Or I could save another 180.00 and buy the K-horn bass bins and Lascala bass bin for a different ht project.

thanks guys

duder