Need to make sure I'm not making a mistake

jeston

Hello, I'm just starting to step into the wonderful world of Klipsch, but need to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

First, my history... I first started off with a Logitech z-5500 as my "home theater" solution :P Then, just early this year I purchased an actual receiver (Onkyo TX-SR608) and the Klipsch HDT1000 as a stepping stone to real Home Theater system.

So, now I'm looking at getting the RF-82 II Home Theater System, but not sure of a couple things. First my current room is small, 12.5'x12.5'. The only problem I'm having with this is that the two towers will only be able to be about 1 foot away from the TV / center speaker. Will this be a problem? I don't plan on being in this house for much longer, but it could be anywhere from 6 months to a couple years I suppose. Then this setup will likely be in a living room or theater room. Just need to know if I will be enjoying my setup during this 6 months to couple years.

Second, I don't have a dealer nearby, so I'm ordering from an online authorized dealer. Since I can't go in store to haggle I tried via email. I managed to get them to bring the package price down from $2525 shipped to $2025 shipped. The package also includes a free PA-150 sub (which will probably be replaced by the RW-12D in the future). Should I jump on this right now? I got all giddy when I got the reply just now :P

Thanks, Jeston

The system should sound fine in your room and will fit great into a larger environment in the future.

we cant always have the perfect space but this is an excellent system and you will not be dissapointed.

Make sure you are buying from an authorized Klipsch dealer (more important than a free sub) but a heck of a deal if they are.

I have done bussiness online with a company called sound distributors and have been very pleased.

sounddistributors@gmail.com just e-mail.

Just talk with eric there if you want

Good luck

Scott

Thanks, they're definitely authorized Klipsch dealers, got to their site via the Klipsch authorized dealers page. I was picking between this company and Sound Distributors, actually. Seemed like a pretty awesome deal to me as well :P Off topic: Why am I unable to make paragraphs in this thing??

Edit 2: nevermind, I guess the site doesn't like my browser.

• Moderators

Jeston, welcome to the forums.

The RF-82's are great speakers. One thing to remember is that speakers don't really get outdated. Buy with the future in mind, not your present situation. The 82's will make a great setup in your new home theater as well as your current setup.

Nice negotiation! I always ask for less....the worst they can say is no. $500 can go a long ways, especially at Christmas time.

Not familiar with the PA-150 sub but there are very capable subs out there in the $400 - $500 range that will rock your socks off. Looking at the used market, there are some great subs at great prices.

Post some pics when you get everything setup.

Thanks, glad to hear some positive stuff from you guys.

I wasn't even thinking about bargaining until I read some threads on here about people going into their local dealer and talking them down. Thought I'd give it a whirl online to see what happens.

I'm not familiar with the sub either (specs here), nor the brand Premier Accoustics, but I can't complain with it being free. MSRP for them is $899 while most places I see are selling them for ~$400. Just as long as it's an improvement over my current sub from the HDT 1000 (RPW-10) so I'm not downgrading I'll be good, like I mentioned, I'll be looking into the RW-12D next.

I'll be sure to get some pics when I'm done so people can see the lack of space I'm dealing with here :P

Just got the tracking number, should all be here Wednesday! Wasn't expecting them to be shipped that quick. It'll probably take me about a week after that to get them set up, then I'll be posting up some pics of my amateur setup!

I guess I'll go ahead and mention the company I got them from since I'm surprisingly happy with the entire exchange so far: Accoustic Sound Design dealing with Mike.

you will love the rf-83 system. My room is 10ft by about 10ft for my viewing/listening/seating area and my rf-3's sound great. They really are a great size. if i could afford rf-7's i would go for them but yeah, no dice, those 82's will make you extremely happy and will blow away what you have now. they have a very large and enveloping sound, you should be quite content